Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ 28 Overflow

pointblank83

I really need help. I have an 6 month old jbj 28 hqi. Im getting really tired of having to move my skimmer lid when I open the tank lid, I also hate to see all the wires from heater, tubes from reactor and airline from skimmer. Since I can't really drill into a existing tank what are my other options regarding puting a sump? I am a little worried about putting a hob overflow regarding power outages etc.. Am I just stuck with keeping it stock?

You could drill the backwall of the tank. I'm having my NC12 drilled as I type.

Why are you seeing wires? Where are they running? Do you have a photo? I made little cut outs with a Dremel in the hood of my NC24 for the cables to run through.

IMG-20120916-00129.jpg

The cables are neater now, as I've tidied them up with additional zip ties. They can't be seen when the tank is being viewed from the front or sides.

What skimmer are you using?

You could drill the backwall of the tank. I'm having my NC12 drilled as I type.

Why are you seeing wires? Where are they running? Do you have a photo? I made little cut outs with a Dremel in the hood of my NC24 for the cables to run through.

IMG-20120916-00129.jpg

The cables are neater now, as I've tidied them up with additional zip ties. They can't be seen when the tank is being viewed from the front or sides.

What skimmer are you using?

[/quote

It's not that the wires are viewable it's more that I'd rather have everything under, so it's more accessible. Now I added a gfo reactor it's really crowded.

I'm using the stock skimmer works ok I upgraded the airpump and stones. I am changing my stand to a bigger one so I can organize better. I don't think I can drill now since its full of water and livestock. As far as pictures I will send them when I get home

Archived