Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dimmer for PAR38 bulbs

owenj

For the dimmable PAR38 LED bulbs on the market (Bright Aquatics, Orphek etc) that say they can be dimmed using a standard household dimmer, what sort of dimmer switch should I get? I'd really like something programmable/controllable so I can modify the percentages of the lights for a dawn/day/dusk mode, but all the controllers I've seen for that look like they're meant for connecting to drivers...whereas the PAR38 is just a big light bulb that screws into a socket :unsure:

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

For the dimmable PAR38 LED bulbs on the market (Bright Aquatics, Orphek etc) that say they can be dimmed using a standard household dimmer, what sort of dimmer switch should I get? I'd really like something programmable/controllable so I can modify the percentages of the lights for a dawn/day/dusk mode, but all the controllers I've seen for that look like they're meant for connecting to drivers...whereas the PAR38 is just a big light bulb that screws into a socket :unsure:

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

I was just wandering the same thing. Did some searching around on Lowes.com and found this

http://www.lowes.com/pd_13900-539-TTCL-100..._sales_dollar|1

It's not programmable but it does allow you to dim dimmable screw-in LED bulbs.

Archived