ReefCleaners.org

Unbelievable price

xelanem

It's far fetched to call it communism. I think a monopoly is more fitting. He has the only "product" available and is controlling the market for it through his price.

Those are two different terms. You can have a monopoly in a communistic economy.

That being said, he CAN charge whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean people won't form their opinions on him and call the guy a jerk.

It does not make someone a jerk to ask whatever price they want for something. People who get upset about that are jerks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and no that isn't saying its not fair, again its saying that it sucks that not many can afford that so realistically most people can't get that nem. You can't argue my own opinion on the words I have written. That is what I meant and if you read it to mean anything else then I'm sorry I didn't get my point across. I don't think the government should take his nem and slice it up and start shelling out free pieces to the public.

and no that isn't saying its not fair, again its saying that it sucks that not many can afford that so realistically most people can't get that nem. You can't argue my own opinion on the words I have written. That is what I meant and if you read it to mean anything else then I'm sorry I didn't get my point across. I don't think the government should take his nem and slice it up and start shelling out free pieces to the public.

Wow you really are that blind. I never argued with your opinion, I said it was communistic. This whole thing is ridiculous. I agree with alto. There's nothing more to be said here.

Those are two different terms. You can have a monopoly in a communistic economy.

It does not make someone a jerk to ask whatever price they want for something. People who get upset about that are jerks.

Lol. I'm not saying he's a jerk for what he's asking, and in all honesty we don't know what he paid. Maybe he paid 50000 for that nem. We don't know the story. Seems unrealistic though.

What I am saying is a jerk-move in this scenario is that he has the ability to drop te price a little bit, frag it since nems grow quickly, and still make his money back plus some after 1 frag. If he was a buisness we would be talking a whole nother conversation. This isn't about the money, I see this more of an mostly untouchable status thing

altolamprologus

The core value of communism is that what is available to only the elite in a capitalist society becomes available to the masses in a communistic society. Isn't that what the OP proposed? That the seller of the nem lower his price so the the general public has the opportunity to buy it? Please do tell me where the logic fails.

OP, you can complain about whatever you want. But next time, reserve it for the lounge, as this is where it belongs anyway. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't last five minutes in there.

This whole thread is getting ridicules. Last I checked this was nano-REEF for discussing things about our aquatic hobby.

Can't we just ooh and aah at the pretty animal? Jeeze...

Agreed, bongo sorry I got all defensive, I had to leave it alone yesterday and go kayaking. I see your point to the whole thing, either way though ooohhh ahhhhh

Archived