Top Shelf Aquatics

Lighting Help

mpg732

OK, have a question guys. I am happy with the coloration I am getting in my tank with every thing but red. What spectrum bulb will bring out the color red? I would love to get the red to pop...

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
OK, have a question guys. I am happy with the coloration I am getting in my tank with every thing but red. What spectrum bulb will bring out the color red? I would love to get the red to pop...

What do you currently have for lighting and which bulbs or LEDs?

I added a coralife colormax t5 bulb to my folk's led setup. They used 50:50 cool white to royal blue and it looked pretty dull in there. After I added the single bulb everything seemed to pop a bit more and the reds in the fish and corals no longer washed out. YMMV

48" fixture, I am running all 3w, driving them just under 3/4 amp. I have 24 NW, 24 RB, 24 TV, 8 DR, and 8 Turquoise. I think the NW are just too much and washing out the reds. I am going to finally finish this fixture by adding dimming capability.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
48" fixture, I am running all 3w, driving them just under 3/4 amp. I have 24 NW, 24 RB, 24 TV, 8 DR, and 8 Turquoise. I think the NW are just too much and washing out the reds. I am going to finally finish this fixture by adding dimming capability.

you have what you need to pop the reds/oranges. just dim the NW a bit.

The Turquoise is whats going to bring reds/oranges out.

you have what you need to pop the reds/oranges. just dim the NW a bit.

The Turquoise is whats going to bring reds/oranges out.

Thanks for your help. I have gotten it so I can now dim each color independently. How ever I still cant get the Reds to look like I want them. The Turquoise seemed to effect the Orange more so then the Reds. Would you recommend any additional type of LED to be added to the fixture to help bring out the Reds?

Archived