inTank Media Baskets

Need Some ids Please

GhoSt3366

Hey everyone .

I some a couple things I need a id on. I know the first picture is a astrea star but I have read that some can be bad, can anyone tell form the picture if it the ok one or the bad one?

The second picture looks like a worm or something, its on the top of my brain coral. I dipped it in revive but it did not come out.

The last id I need I could not get a picture clear enough, but it glows green with just the led blue moonlight on. Its not big at this point and there are two that I can see. They look shape wise similar to aptasia or another anemone but I have never seen them glow like that.

Thank you

post-76614-1348181083_thumb.jpg

post-76614-1348181217_thumb.jpg

1. asterina starfish. Couldn't tell if it's good or bad. All I know is that I am getting a population of them growing in my tank. My zoas aren't looking their best these days. Could be why.

2. I see the legs of a brittle starfish coming out of the rock near the asterina starfish.

3. I see a vermetid snail popping up on your brain coral (?). Or whatever that green and blue coral is in the foreground. That looks sort of like a favia.

4. Can't comment about the green things without a picture.

Thank you for the replies, I cant decide on the starfish, but I think I will start removing them as I see them. It is a brain coral and that snail is popping out if it and it didn't die when I dipped in revive. The green anemone / feather duster looking thing is small and I cant get a good picture of it. Hopefully someone will read this and know it from experience what it might be.

Thank you again

Thank you for the replies, I cant decide on the starfish, but I think I will start removing them as I see them. It is a brain coral and that snail is popping out if it and it didn't die when I dipped in revive. The green anemone / feather duster looking thing is small and I cant get a good picture of it. Hopefully someone will read this and know it from experience what it might be.

Thank you again

keep an eye on them.. If they hang on glass and rock they are fine and just algae grazers, if you see them on, or notice coral stressed / receding then you will want to get them out or get a Harlequin shrimp.. keep in my that shrimp will go after all stars in your tank good and bad.. but they are beautiful.

Archived