Pod Your Reef

Atticus's Rimless 7.5gal Cube-X

Atticus27

Hello fellow reefers! I've been doing freshwater aquariums for years and have decided to head on over towards reefing. I've been doing quite some research on this hobby and I feel like it has dragged me deeper in the hole. What I've listed are just some of the ideas and stocks I'm planning to use. As my first time reefing, please feel free to interrupt me and suggest what you think will work best for me. Since I'm currently going through school at this moment as a nursing student, gathering equipment and supplies has been a slow journey due to financial issues so bear with me as my Cubical begin it's growing journey. With what new equipment I get, I'll be uploading pictures and updates as to where my project is going.

Tank: DBP Rimless 12x12x12 7.5 gallon cube

Light: Par38 LED w. Ikea lamp fixture

Biological Filter: 1-1 1/2 inch live sand, 7-8lb live rock

Mechanical Filter: AC50 mod with fuge, carbon?, filter floss, chateo

Heater: 50W

Circulation Pump: Koralia Nano 240 gph

Test Kit: API Saltwater Master Test Kit

SG/salinity: Refractometer

Corals: Zoas/palys/mushrooms

Fauna: 1 clown, snails as CuC

Beginner's steps: Once I begin the cycling process, I'll be leaving my Par38 light for a maximum of 3-4 hours per day. I'm currently still unsure about how long to leave the light on for for my modded AC50, input would be great! Meanwhile, I'll be keeping you guys updated on my ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and pH fluctuations. As for water change, I'll stick with topping off after I read somewhere water changes aren't recommended during the cycling process. If someone can confirm this, that would be nice!

post-76552-1348137235_thumb.jpg

Archived