Top Shelf Aquatics

Pico Deep Blue 18

Celeritas

Ok, so after a long search i finally got my hands on a db18 from Pico Aquariums.

Its my first AIO after years of a FOWLR tank, with a wood canopy the size of a coffee table!

So here is the equipment breakdown so far:

DB 18

AI nano ( with custom mount )

MP10

Being my first AIO in need some advice. The tank has no media basket since the original owner was using the entire 2nd chamber as a fuge. Has anyone run an AIO this way. i'm seeing most running purigen, cpe, ect. suggestions on a heater and which chamber should it be in, and what pump should i run.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Ok, so after a long search i finally got my hands on a db18 from Pico Aquariums.

Its my first AIO after years of a FOWLR tank, with a wood canopy the size of a coffee table!

So here is the equipment breakdown so far:

DB 18

AI nano ( with custom mount )

MP10

Being my first AIO in need some advice. The tank has no media basket since the original owner was using the entire 2nd chamber as a fuge. Has anyone run an AIO this way. i'm seeing most running purigen, cpe, ect. suggestions on a heater and which chamber should it be in, and what pump should i run.

Thanks in advance for any input!

bump

Deleted User 4

Nice setup man. I'm assuming you got the db18 used from a local reefer? I also use the 2nd chamber without any dividers except the top one; all that space below the top divider is for refugium. There I have the thicker cheato algae and the macro thinner algae. Filter floss and chemi-pure elite are in the far left chamber.

Deleted User 4

I don't have a media rack. I basically have a huge cubed sponge and on top of the sponge, supports weight of the chemi-pure elite pouch.

Pictures of your db18 would be nice.

Archived