ReefCleaners.org

Zoanthids

bleedinorange

I don't feed them directly, most zoo's feed largely on algae and dissolved organic matter; but I dose Coral Accel everyday.

Cellenzweig

I feed mine live phytoplankton (Nannochloropsis Oculata) pretty regularily. I'm convinced that it makes a big difference. I have yet to see a study that proves this boyond a doubt, but there is an experiment being conducted by Canadian Reef & Reef Crew right now. They have two identical 5.5g setups with 15-20 different frags. One tank is fed phyto, while the other is fed nothing. It's too early to make any conclusions, but the tank that is fed seems to have more new polyps budding on it's frags. Hopefully there will be definite results soon.

The phyto also provides food for my featherdusters & pods and doesn't cause nutrient spikes if you overfeed, like the Kent product (or any other product that isn't live) does.

Colin

I actually just saw those 2 tanks today in person. Very cool how they are giving back. A class operation and great people. You can see a major difference already in that the phyto fed tank has lots of algae. Maybe 10 identical frags in each tank for the experiment.

Cellenzweig

I've been watching the experiment since the beginning. I visit Canadian Reef every week or two for frags and a bag of phyto. Every time I drop in, there is a noticable difference in the tank that is being fed.

A little off topic, but what do you think of Joe's softie tank? Pretty nice, huh? I love his large Blasto! He refuses to frag it for me :( He also has some awsome riccordia florida. I'm hoping the next order of those comes in soon. I got a couple really nice pink rics from the last order.

BTW - where abouts are you?

I get all my stuff from Joe. He is the best and can teach you so much.

He is propogating some stuff for me.

Yeah the softies tank is purdy.

I'm in Toronto.

Archived