Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

Goby Angyl

Pederson-Cleaner-Shrimp-8No.jpg

Rewrote the entry.

I was at my LFS the other day and saw these clear and blue little beauties for the first time.

Now I'm trying to find out all I can about Pederson Cleaner Shrimp and if I can keep them.

My tank is a 10 gallon nearly a year old and I want to know if I'm able to keep 1 or 2 or a few.

Solitary, mated pairs, colonial?

Will there be any probs with the Sexy Shrimp?

What about food, are these guys picky little snobs or will they chow on anything like the Sexies do?

Will they pick on my Zoas, again, like my Sexies?

Because they are cleaner shrimp will they constantly pester my fish? The Jaguar Goby stays under his rock so the only fish for now they'd have to clean is the Green-Banded Goby.

Aside from the CUC and hitchhikers the tank already has:

1 Jaguar Goby

1 Green-Banded Goby

3 Sexy Shrimp (1 male and 2 females who are always carrying eggs)

2 Boxer Crabs (They're a mated pair constantly trying to outdo the Smexy Shrimp! :lol: )

1 Anemone from an anemone hermit crab (crab arrived dead at the LFS and I bought the anemone on its shell)

1 Feather Duster

And all soft coral. (white xenia, zoas, mushrooms...)

I'll be adding a Yellow Clown Goby as soon as the LFS finally gets in some captive bred ones, but that'll be it on the fish.

They said at the LFS that these shrimp will live with anemones. Is this true?

Compatibility with anemones is a major fear because I have the anemone from an anemone hermit crab and it will catch and try to swallow things almost the size of my sexy shrimp! It once swallowed a surprisingly large detached Discoma mushroom and spit it out later because it couldn't close around it. I can't keep bumble bee shrimp because of this thing.

Archived