Coral Vue Hydros

Stocking Questions

jwelt

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on stocking my 26gal nano. Up until now I have relied on LFS suggestions and advice and I think I may have made some bad stocking decisions. In my signature you will find my entire current stock list, but in general

- how many fish/inverts would I be able to keep in this size tank?

- how does my filtration affect this?

- where do you recommend getting livestock?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jeff

Welcome Jeff! I perfer several LFS to get my livestock however I don't rely on their info to make a decision. That's where a smart phone comes in handy! I always perform a search when I am considering purchasing something that I'm not familiar with. I've see you have both a coral banded shrimp & an arror crab. That's going to be a battle as you should only have 1 or the other, especially in a small tank. They will invade eachother space.

I've see you have both a coral banded shrimp & an arror crab. That's going to be a battle as you should only have 1 or the other, especially in a small tank. They will invade eachother space.

Yes, I didn't realize that would be an issue when I got them. I got the shrimp before the crab, and they each seem to have their own little area within the tank right now and stay away from each other. So far so good but this may be because the arrow crab is small right now. I'll keep an eye out for any future problems. Thanks for the advice!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on stocking my 26gal nano. Up until now I have relied on LFS suggestions and advice and I think I may have made some bad stocking decisions. In my signature you will find my entire current stock list, but in general

- how many fish/inverts would I be able to keep in this size tank? Many inverts not many fish

- how does my filtration affect this? filtration and surface area will have a major effect on stocking

- where do you recommend getting livestock? liveaquaria, divers den, pacificislandaquatics, a trustworthy LFS, etc

Thanks so much for your help!

Jeff

HTH

Archived