Pod Your Reef

Sump design

kevinlogan42

I am turning a 20 tall into a sump for my 65 gal reef. I have a basic design that I am thinking will work but have never used done a diy sump so any imput would be aprieciated. I am planning on using a hydor slim skimmer in the first chamber then the sump chamber will be 10 inches deep and the return section will be 6 inches.

Kevin

post-71714-1347726693_thumb.png

post-71714-1347727231_thumb.png

Change the order of the two baffles between the skimmer and fuge. If putting sand or another substrate in the fuge, add a short baffle fixed to the bottom after the first two to contain it. You should only need one baffle between the fuge and return pump.

Why the Slim Skim?

Change the order of the two baffles between the skimmer and fuge. If putting sand or another substrate in the fuge, add a short baffle fixed to the bottom after the first two to contain it. You should only need one baffle between the fuge and return pump.

Why the Slim Skim?

I already own the slim skim and am happy with the way it works. It kind of makes the sump spittle swears but I would rather that then spend more money. The fuge will probably be live rock and macro algae. I will put my cheating in the overflow chamber with submersible light.

Thanks

Kevin

Archived