inTank Media Baskets

No fancy names

slickwill613

Says the title. Wife took this with her older iphone. These are my first zoas, I thought it was a half decent pic. Wanted to share. Was a $10 frag, less than a week in the tank. I really liked that there were two different colors on it. Also liked the clown cameo.

post-73736-1347592210_thumb.jpg

Cool coral imo. I would have paid 10 dollars too :)

I personally don't think it matters if a frag is rare or not. As long as you enjoy your aquarium, that's what matters!

Cool coral imo. I would have paid 10 dollars too :)

I personally don't think it matters if a frag is rare or not. As long as you enjoy your aquarium, that's what matters!

+10101034928374923847239472342300 and 1!

Looks great! We'd love to see an FTS. I hate teh fancy names, and honestly the only one I can ever even remember happens to be one of the ones you got. The green fellas are called Radioactive Dragon Eyes, just in case you were wondering anyways.

Because of the hype some zoas and palys have I have noticed that the more common ones are very cheap at my LFS. i got a paly colony (about 12 polyps on a nice piece of LR) for under $5 because someone threw it in the liverock tank. Since I have gotten it the polyps have changed from brown to almost a brown/purple color and look very beautiful - and I wouldn't trade them away for anything. One man's unwanted polyps are another man's affordable corals!

Ditto all on avoiding the "name game". Only value to me in a named coral is maybe getting some clue as to appearance if swapping with another reefer and not having a pic handy, or when there's some note about what lighting/flow is preferred for that particular morph so that I don't have to play place-that-frag bingo after acclimating.

I've had far, far better luck and enjoyment combing LFS frag tanks for robust-looking $5-10 bargain colonies that simply look nice in my tank. And have occasionaly wound up with a couple kinds of "LE" zoas that are out of the popularity/premium curve in the process.

You've got the start of a nice zoa rock there...both zoas on it are known for being steady growers given halfway decent conditions and an interesting structure for them to grow on to boot..

+10101034928374923847239472342300 and 1!

Looks great! We'd love to see an FTS. I hate teh fancy names, and honestly the only one I can ever even remember happens to be one of the ones you got. The green fellas are called Radioactive Dragon Eyes, just in case you were wondering anyways.

Just for you. Crappy cell pic my old lady sent me. Have a nice camera pic saved but it exceeds 1Mb.

post-73736-1347925446_thumb.jpg

You've got the start of a nice zoa rock there...both zoas on it are known for being steady growers given halfway decent conditions and an interesting structure for them to grow on to boot..

Yeah. thats why I picked that spot. The pic doesn't really show how cool that rocks shape is.

Daw, thanks! lol Everything looks great. it will all look even better when it grows in. On the bottom in the middle, the green and purple looking thing? Is it a favia? Its very pretty =)

Daw, thanks! lol Everything looks great. it will all look even better when it grows in. On the bottom in the middle, the green and purple looking thing? Is it a favia? Its very pretty =)

It is. that has shown the best growth in my tank so far. Thanks.

Nice tank setup!

Thanks. Now see if those bastards can do 88.

Archived