Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LED upgrade to existing fixture

louie101086

i have a fixture i built a while back before the full spec craze. it has 9x cool white cree xre and 9x royal blue cree xre driven by 2x 1000ma buckblocks w/ dimmers. if i wanted a little more spectrum what color leds could i add i have room on heatsink for about 8 or less leds

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
i have a fixture i built a while back before the full spec craze. it has 9x cool white cree xre and 9x royal blue cree xre driven by 2x 1000ma buckblocks w/ dimmers. if i wanted a little more spectrum what color leds could i add i have room on heatsink for about 8 or less leds

Add about 4 OCW and it will fix your color problems of having just CW with RB.

what do i need if i have 18 cool whites, 18 royal blue and 18 regular blue?

do i still need OCW or i can skip that and add 495nm and 660nm LED? how many would i need?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
what do i need if i have 18 cool whites, 18 royal blue and 18 regular blue?

do i still need OCW or i can skip that and add 495nm and 660nm LED? how many would i need?

18 Blue?!?! thats insane

What do you run them at?

I would say you need only about 5-6 of the OCW so in this case you can get rid of 12 of the Blue and add 6 495nm and 6 660nm.

i based my design off the AL SOL so i had equal amount of white RB and blue

i run half my blue at 1amp and the other half at around 700-800ma

i might ditch some of the blue and replace it with some RB and add 495nm and 660nm

i based my design off the AL SOL so i had equal amount of white RB and blue

i run half my blue at 1amp and the other half at around 700-800ma

i might ditch some of the blue and replace it with some RB and add 495nm and 660nm

Look On The Bright side You Could Always Donate Some Blue Leds To Me ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

is this a good layout i have 9 cool white and 9 royal blue on 2x 1000ma buckblock drivers the middle section is what i would be adding

i just havent decided on a driver for them yet or what current i want to drive them at i was considering meanwell lpc-35-700 or another buckblock 700ma or 500ma. dont know if ocw led can handle 700ma all day long

originalbuild.jpg

Archived