Coral Vue Hydros

Biocube 29 Lighting Upgrade?

LauBros

I picked up an Oceanic Biocube 29 and have been modding the heck out of it. I hope to do a build thread in the near future. I have a question for those that are more experienced with these units. I saw some older threads where upgrading was done from nanotuners which essentially doubled the PC lighting and moon LEDs. I have an additional hood hood coming my way and was wondering if I should gut the lighting out of it and try to put it into my existing hood? Anyone have experience with this? Thought? Advice? All is appreciated. Thanks.

randythefishdude
I picked up an Oceanic Biocube 29 and have been modding the heck out of it. I hope to do a build thread in the near future. I have a question for those that are more experienced with these units. I saw some older threads where upgrading was done from nanotuners which essentially doubled the PC lighting and moon LEDs. I have an additional hood hood coming my way and was wondering if I should gut the lighting out of it and try to put it into my existing hood? Anyone have experience with this? Thought? Advice? All is appreciated. Thanks.

try led retro

try led retro

I was leaning that way, but the PC lighting is going to be free and would love to not put more money into it if possible.... If adding the PCs won't work, LED is where i'm heading.

• 1 month later...
I was leaning that way, but the PC lighting is going to be free and would love to not put more money into it if possible.... If adding the PCs won't work, LED is where i'm heading.

I have the nanotuners kit running in my biocube 29. I like it. The only draw back I see to it is heat. The four pcs put out plenty of heat, and also need to be replaced when they start to lose there umph. The fit is really tight. I have some older vids of mysystem and the kit on youtube under the name 1977logan or search nano reef build and look for my username. Good luck

In the long run LEDs will be cheaper. Sit down and figure out the cost of bulbs and power to the start up of the LED, if you are going to keep your tank for long you will see what I mean.

Archived