Coral Vue Hydros

I Thought Euphyllias Could Touch?...

Kfmmartin19

Well...I read somewhere that you could put different euphyllias next to each other. Yesterday I put my 8 head hammer right next to my 2 head torch. I come down today to see that two of the heads of the hammer that were touching the torch have completely lost half of their flesh! So much for that. Now my hammer is 6 heads...and two half-heads...just thought I would put this out there to warn others to not make the same mistake as me.

Also, is there anything I need to do to my hammer or just leave it be and hopefully the flesh will grow back? Obviously I moved it faaaaaar away from the torch.

Wow. I read that too. Was going to put my hammer next to my frog spawn. Thanks.

Yeah. I'm kinda ticked. That hammer is like the nicest piece in my tank! Hope it makes a full recovery.

Yeah Torches are the more powerful stingers of out Euphyllias

IME Hammers and Frogspawn should be ok

Yes, they are definitely the most powerful! Do you (or anyone else) know if I should do anything with my hammer? Or should I just leave it and it will re-grow the flesh? Thanks.

Move the torch and leave the hammer where its at to reduce stress. Even though it's damaged, they're pretty resilient and should make a recovery. The less you change the damaged one's conditions, the more likely it will be ok.

From what I've read and experienced, they're all compatible until they're not compatible and then they need to be kept apart. I've heard of similar situations with hammers and frogspawns doing the same thing to eachother. At least they don't roam around the tank like anemones...

Move the torch and leave the hammer where its at to reduce stress. Even though it's damaged, they're pretty resilient and should make a recovery. The less you change the damaged one's conditions, the more likely it will be ok.

From what I've read and experienced, they're all compatible until they're not compatible and then they need to be kept apart. I've heard of similar situations with hammers and frogspawns doing the same thing to eachother. At least they don't roam around the tank like anemones...

Ok thanks. Already moved the hammer so I will just leave it be now. Haha I know what u are saying about nems. Used to have one. Was really cool, but I was always terrified to go look at my tank and see what it had destroyed this time lol. After getting rid of it, watching my tank is no longer stressful haha.

No, sorry, I'm a germaphobe. If I DO touch on accident, I immediately use hand sanitizer.

I believe that the same species could touch, such as a frogspawn touching a frogspawn, but inter-species touching like hammer touching frogspawn is a no no.

torches have a really nasty sting. have you ever touched one with a cut on your hand? don't. its not pleasant. theyre beautiful though haha

i'm pretty certain that any euphyllia's except for torches can touch and be alright. hammers and frogspawns and hybrids should be fine.

I have multiple hammers and frogspawns parked right next to eachother, green, purple and orange. I've seen torches and others work fine as well. I really think it depends on the corals but from my observations torches are the least compatible with the other 2.

My little torch coral stung my blue tipped octospawn and a head melted off it. All of my different euphyllia species are now separated from each other: though I do keep the two torch corals together, and the two octospawn together.

torches have a really nasty sting. have you ever touched one with a cut on your hand? don't. its not pleasant. theyre beautiful though haha

i've had torches in my hand,with the tissue touching my hand full on, for several minutes at a time and have never had anything more than a vaguely whit patch :P for any coral touching for that matter :P i must have superhuman powers 0_o !!! :D

i've had torches in my hand,with the tissue touching my hand full on, for several minutes at a time and have never had anything more than a vaguely whit patch :P for any coral touching for that matter :P i must have superhuman powers 0_o !!! :D

I have a bunch of euphylias and the only one that has to be apart from the rest is a green long tentacle torch. I have multiple verities of frogspawn next to hammer, a green torch, and an orange torch, and they get along great.. but that green one will reach out to anything even remotly near it and sting the crap out of it. It even attacked a pulsing xenia that was a good 5 inches from it's reach (or so I thought)

I'd get rid of it, but I love the evil thing..

Archived