inTank Media Baskets

crab id

krillin

Resembles Cymo andreossyi, but it doesn't have the distinctive blue eyes. Yours is also on the base of a frogspawn, not inside of an acropora, so to be safe, assume Xanthid spp.

180px-Kill_it_with_fire_scorpio.gif

+1 some kind of xanthid crab. I'd get him out and rehome him if you can. They are ways to make little crab traps out of water bottles if you google search it I'm sure you'll find something. =)

Good read albert :D.

Tnx all. It's not a great shot and already had the idea that i could be an mithrax, just needed backup.

Already tried setting a trap. Only to see the hermit and pom pom crab taking the bait.

I will try again

• 2 weeks later...

Tried trapping it but no luck. So today i removed the suspected rock and did a freshwater dip. Low and behold he came out and died on the spot (tried to revive him in saltwater but no luck).

id24.jpg

Looks like a xanthid to me.

Tried trapping it but no luck. So today i removed the suspected rock and did a freshwater dip. Low and behold he came out and died on the spot (tried to revive him in saltwater but no luck).

Looks like a xanthid to me.

Yes a very opportunistic feeder including corals and whatever else they can get hold of ...

Yes a very opportunistic feeder including corals and whatever else they can get hold of ...

That's terrible cuz I just saw the same little guy in my tank yesterday and thought he was the coolest little thing. Now reading here I am going to try my best to get him out. BUMMER

Archived