Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

75 gallon Reef Tank

mattidallama

I finished the stand as far as i know ill check tomorrow if i need to do any touch ups on the paint. It is so close to white with the bulbs i have in the house that it is hard to tell if i missed any spots. I also added some crown molding to the bottom of the canopy to hide the fact that Lowes does not under stand how to measure a board before cutting it and cut it an inch too wide. Not having anything to make a clean cut the edge was not straight and it was driving me mad.

2012-09-25_21-30-05_369.jpg

I leak tested my 75 for 2 days to make sure all the seams held up and after two days im glad to say that it holds water. its on the coffee table in the living room just waiting for the paint to dry on the stand so that it can meet its stand and live there happy ever after.

2012-09-25_21-30-27_637.jpg

mattidallama

Well after a lot of reading up on peacocks. I think I'm going to have to go against my plans of making my 75 a peacock home because I don't feel right to put a peacock in a coral tank and have it die of shell rot because of strong lighting needed for the coral and macros. But my wife likes the carpet anemones so I might get a carpet and a pair of clowns and have a few different fish in the tank then, so basically I'm going from mantis tank to standard reef tank

Well after a lot of reading up on peacocks. I think I'm going to have to go against my plans of making my 75 a peacock home because I don't feel right to put a peacock in a coral tank and have it die of shell rot because of strong lighting needed for the coral and macros. But my wife likes the carpet anemones so I might get a carpet and a pair of clowns and have a few different fish in the tank then, so basically I'm going from mantis tank to standard reef tank

I love the build so far but I cannot stand carpet anemones because I had one in my 90g and it decided to eat my sohal tang and my blue hippo so after his $350 dinner he went to my LFS but you should have seen my hands after man handling him :lol:

mattidallama

Ya I don't plan on spending much on my fish but that is good to know if I decide to get a expensive fish. Not a big fan of losing animals much less expensive ones

jedimasterben
I love the build so far but I cannot stand carpet anemones because I had one in my 90g and it decided to eat my sohal tang and my blue hippo so after his $350 dinner he went to my LFS but you should have seen my hands after man handling him :lol:

Such is the result of a massive nem in a tank. ;)

I lost a new molly to one of my mini maxis the day after I put her in. I felt so bad for her. :(

mattidallama

Would. Massive nem like that eat the pair of clowns I want to host it or does it know those are off limits

jedimasterben
Would. Massive nem like that eat the pair of clowns I want to host it or does it know those are off limits

As long as the clowns don't run straight into it, they will be immune to the sting no problem. Its always a possibility though, it does happen.

• 3 weeks later...

skimmer should arrive today so i can test fit it in the sump im excited its just been a slow process to get everything ready to get wet

Archived