ReefCleaners.org

i need a little help i decideing how to procede with new tank

grinder143

I have decided to take down my 135 cube and go back to the tank i liked the most. i recently picked up a 40 breeder i was going to use as a sump . Everytime i come in and see the cube sticking out from the wall 40 inchs i think i really need to get to a more manageable tank.

i will be building a stand to hold the stand looks like it will have 42x24 area under the stand. Here is the problem i have kept many animals alive but felt they never flurished like they should . This is why i need advice. What is the best way to set it up. It will be drilled and have a sump. The equipment i have on habd is

(2) Reeflo blowhole 1100 pumps

Mag 9.5

mag 5

Mj900

(2) Mj 1200

Reef Octopus Recirc 150 skimmer

(2) BRS reactors

avast marine reactor

(2) evo 1400

(2) evo 1050

JBJ ato

(2) 20L

(1) 20T

I am fairly sure i wont use every thing here .I will keeep what is needed and sell what is not and use that money to purchase other items as needed.

I am first curious to the overflow . I want it quite , This is the difficult part if i can get my buddy to cut me a deal on a sea swirl i will have to adjust the weir for it to fit. Enough of that what is the opinion drill through the back or through the bottom.

Return pumps i would perfer to stay with the external reeflo . I guess if i got the sea swirl i could set it up on a closed loop? use the other one to run the return and perahps media reactors . They are 3 speed pressure pumps that on high will put out 1100 gph . I dont know the best way to set this up . I can if needed Sell all of this and buy what is needed. I also have 80lb of live rock . I did not mention the lights as i really dont know yet but will purchase them or build a combo of led and T5 i am useing mh now. So That being said how would you do this. I will build the stand first and go from there. I want to try and do some thing right . I may try a seperate refuge or even an ats. i really would like some feedback make this breeder really cool.

(2) Reeflo blowhole 1100 pumps

Mag 9.5

mag 5

Mj900

(2) Mj 1200

(2) BRS reactors

avast marine reactor

(2) evo 1400

(2) evo 1050

JBJ ato

(2) 20L

(1) 20T

IDK... maybe:

(2) Reeflo blowhole 1100 pumps - sell

Mag 9.5 - sell

mag 5 - return pump

Mj900 - ATO pump

(2) Mj 1200 - BRS reactor pump and salt mix pump

(2) BRS reactors - combination GFO/ROX carbon (sell one)

avast marine reactor - sell

(2) evo 1400 - sell

(2) evo 1050 - flow

JBJ ato

(2) 20L - sell

(1) 20T - sump

Disclosure: I did the above without reading the rest of the post

I am first curious to the overflow . I want it quite
A simple 700gph (max rated) overflow would be good.

Enough of that what is the opinion drill through the back or through the bottom.
With the Glass-Holes overflow, you just drill the back.

Return pumps i would perfer to stay with the external reeflo
You could, but you won't need that much flow. More flow usually mean more noise too.

I guess if i got the sea swirl i could set it up on a closed loop? use the other one to run the return and perahps media reactors
You could.

They are 3 speed pressure pumps that on high will put out 1100 gph . I dont know the best way to set this up . I can if needed Sell all of this and buy what is needed.
Not sure.

I also have 80lb of live rock . I did not mention the lights as i really dont know yet but will purchase them or build a combo of led and T5 i am useing mh now.
Why not continue with the MH lights? Two 150W fixtures would cover everything; one would cover a nice sized rock island.

I may try a seperate refuge or even an ats.
You could. But you did indicate that you wanted a more manageable tank. I would think less is more, and would try to keep things simple.

Archived