Cultivated Reef

10G Zoa Garden Build

Nola-dude

So the wife and I have decided that while we love our tank down stairs, it would be real nice to have a 10 gallon aquarium upstairs in our bedroom with some real simple corals, mainly zoas. So after a few hours of browsing around I think Ive got a parts list together. Please let me know what you all think.

10 gallon AGA - $15.00

1x Hydor Koralia Nano Circulation Pump/Powerhead 240gph - 23.99

Aqua Clear 20 Hang-On-Back Power Filter - 24.00

Hydor THEO Heater 50 Watt - 25.00

Odyssea 20" 72W (4x 18W) T5 HO Light - 55.00

15 lb. Seafloor Special Grade Reef Aquarium Sand - 15.49

20 lb. Dry Base Rock - 20.00

Reef Crystals Reef Salt - 13.00

It seems like this is a good combo. Would love to know what you all think if you have any suggestions.

Oh sweet! I always wanted to use LED'S love the shimmer effect. I just didnt know how many LED'S or watts Id need. Have you used any of there LED fixtures before?

no I havent buttttt I have read so many reviews of people loving this fixture and the larger ones. The LED watt rule doesnt really apply but you could easily have zoas and softies and even some lps with the fixture might as well go LED ya know!? I am saving up to light up my 40b with leds!

Check out this site http://www.aquastyleonline.com/ they have diy kits (im a huge diy kit) I was looking at getting this one maybe its twice the leds as the kit you should be and almost the same price http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/Aq...Ds-DIY-Kit.html

They have lots of different kits and heck if you dont know how to build one you could send it to me and ill build it for you again i love diy stuff

DIY is great. Many people use the aquastyle kits. But Reef Crystals is not a very good salt. Oceanic and Red sea salts are better and only cost a few bucks more.

DIY is great. Many people use the aquastyle kits. But Reef Crystals is not a very good salt. Oceanic and Red sea salts are better and only cost a few bucks more.

Noted thank you so much. Ive never really known which salts are good lol

I might go with something bigger than an AC20... I know it's a 10g, but something a bit bigger with an InTank media basket might serve you better?

Those AquaStyles LED kits look nice. I was thinking of doing one of those kits for my 12g DX.

Archived