Coral Vue Hydros

rainbow acan frag $200?

sfdanksta650

My local coral farm. Aqua exotics is selling rainbow acan frags for 200. It came from his personal colony. Are there any lineage rainbow acans? I've seen rainbows go alot curled on the net. Any insight?

If you like it for $200, then get it. If you think it's too expensive, don't. You might even try to offer less.

Price is dependent on demand, coloration, size, and a host of other factors. If you can find one that is just as nice for less (and don't care to support your local grower), then get it somewhere else.

If you like it for $200, then get it. If you think it's too expensive, don't. You might even try to offer less.

Price is dependent on demand, coloration, size, and a host of other factors. If you can find one that is just as nice for less (and don't care to support your local grower), then get it somewhere else.

+1.

For an acan, I would hold off a year unless you really really want it. Just like zoas, these "rare morphs" produce at the exact rate that the average morphs of the same species grow at. Sooner or later, that price will be ridiculous to ask for... Chances being it'll drop before you have a halfway decent colony to frag and re sell from. Again, it's up to you if it's worth the 200 bucks though.

Archived