Cultivated Reef

missed out on black percs

FamousGuy

ahhh damn. I was at the LFS today scoping out their live rock and they had some really healthy/vibrant looking black percs in(they were feeding them when i got there), but of course i have to wait til my new tank is cycled and they'll be sold by then

Where are you in Southern California..? Aquatic Warehouse in San Diego gets shipments of black ocellaris clowns all the time.

i'm so far north in socal i'm practically in norcal. I used to live in san diego but of course i didnt get into reefing til i moved up here (santa barbara). The lfs rock looked good though and i'll be adding water and rock from an established 5g so maybe it wont take too long for the cycle to go through.

Aren't black percs usually all black(with the stripes of course)? These ones were black with orangish faces

Why dont you put a deposit on them?

Explain your situation and they might accept. Or else just pay for them and ask them to hold for you (if of course its within a reasonable time).

sahin's got a great point! many lfs around me do just that. it also gives you a chance to see how healthy they are and the lfs still gets to advertise an already sold livestock (generating more interest).

the clowns with a black body, white stripes and orange face are ocellaris clowns. There are other clowns that are black and white, i believe the perculas (though ive never seen one thats pure black and white) and the saddleback clowns.

Archived