Top Shelf Aquatics

Coralife digital temp/thermometer

reefriot

Well I had 1 to start with and after about 8 months the lcd is half washed out. So I ordered 2 more. When they showed up I tested both next to each other. 1 was 7.6 degrees differant. Well I contacted them and left a voicemail letting them know what had happened. They contacted me about 3 weeks later and sent me a free replacement. Showed up today so I tested all 4 next to each other. Not 1 of them were the same. 2 were only off by less than 2 degrees but what's the point of buying a digital temp if there that far off. What does everyone else use?

Those Coralife units are as inaccurate and imprecise (they're different things) as is possible. Look up the feedback somewhere like Amazon and see what it says! Not good! I forget what brand mine is, but it's a similar wired unit with LDC display that's worked great for years. I think it came from Lowes or Home Depot and is meant to be an indoor/outdoor thermometer. The probe is waterproof, so it works well in water too.

Ya I have 2 of those but they have metal on the probe. Most likley stainless but don't want to risk it. Will have to look around for some with the plastic probe.

Archived