SaltCritters.com

Is this a Zoa?

lehaneya

Looks like a zoa or palythoa to me. I have a hard time telling them apart. Care requirements are the same though. Neat little hitch hiker, I wonder what color it is? When did you put your rock in? Is your tank cycling? Could be the reason it isn't opening. Most of the time when I get hitch hiker ones they dont make it through the cycle, or are just...really ugly. lol

Looks like a zoa or palythoa to me. I have a hard time telling them apart. Care requirements are the same though. Neat little hitch hiker, I wonder what color it is? When did you put your rock in? Is your tank cycling? Could be the reason it isn't opening. Most of the time when I get hitch hiker ones they dont make it through the cycle, or are just...really ugly. lol

I put the rock in 3 days ago but did not notice this until today when i was doing a water change. the tank is about a year old and i have other zoas that are fine. i just bought this piece of rock because i am getting a green star polyp and wanted it to have it's own rock to grow on. i moved the rock today so this little guy gets some light because he was in the dark for the 3 days i had him in there.

Archived