Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coralife Biocube 29 Media Rack & Fish Guard Release?

Beachmama23

Hello...

I was curious when the release would be for the Coralife Biocube 29 Media Rack?

Also will there be a fish guard available soon? I noticed the Oceanic guard is not an exact fit for the Coralife 29.

My tank is coming on Wed. and I didn't want to set it up until I could order all the parts off your site.

On a side note may I ask how most people like the Tunez 9002 Skimmer? Is it effective & does the job?

I've been reading a lot online that some don't think skimmers work that well in smaller thanks and that water changes are the best method of keeping the tank clean.

And lastly I noticed that in your demos on your site there's no bio-balls or use of the stock pump, the MJ1200 is being used. Just confirming there is no need to use most of the stock filtration - parts that come with the tank if I"m going with your media rack & skimmer correct?

This may sound like a dumb question but this is my 1st saltwater thank...are the bio-balls supposed to hold all your benefical bacteria? If so then what hold the benifical bacteria in your InTank setup? I thought mabye the live rock in the tank did but I don't know which is why asking so i can learn.

Thanks in advance for your time & help, it's appreciated :)

Hello

We are keeping updates here

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Coralife-Biocube-29_c60.htm

Do you feel a fish saver is necessary? There has been a higher back false wall for years now.

The 9002 is your most popular choice of skimmer for this tank. You can do water changes instead of a skimmer, depends on your stocking there is really now right answer or "best" way to set up a tank, only good options.

Throw away any media that comes with the tank, it is junk.

The pump that comes with this tank is more powerful than the oceanic version, you may need to not replace it.

Do not use bioballs, use the live rock in your display for biological filtration.

Hello

We are keeping updates here

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Coralife-Biocube-29_c60.htm

Do you feel a fish saver is necessary? There has been a higher back false wall for years now.

The 9002 is your most popular choice of skimmer for this tank. You can do water changes instead of a skimmer, depends on your stocking there is really now right answer or "best" way to set up a tank, only good options.

Throw away any media that comes with the tank, it is junk.

The pump that comes with this tank is more powerful than the oceanic version, you may need to not replace it.

Do not use bioballs, use the live rock in your display for biological filtration.

Thanks for the response...

I didn't know the back wall was higher, i saw you offered the guard for the other biocube and so I just assumed this tank was the same.

So if the pump that comes with the tank is powerful enough do I still need the MJ1200? On your videos you show that on the far right bottom chamber? Or is it shown because of the skimmer? Someone told me you need the MJ1200 to run a skimmer, not sure who.

And I bookmarked the page for updates on the media rack...do you persoanlly think it will be this month or probalby later?

Just wondering if I can still set up my tank without the media basket and add it in when it's available.

If I don't have your media rack how do I set up that chamber? I have Chemipure and Purigen already, would I just lay the bags in the chamber?

Thank you for your time, sorry I'm a newbie and am asking probably silly questions.

The stock pump probably will work fine, I personally do not have this tank set up so I can not say for 100% sure. It is 30gph under the MJ1200 and no the extra flow was never for the skimmer it was for filtration and flow in the aquarium.

We are expecting the basket possibly ready to ship this Friday. You have about a month of cycle before you can stock anything so yes it can be set up before the basket.

That's nice that the pump should be good as it's one less thing on my long list of supplies :)

I can't wait to order the skimmer and media rack even though it'll take lots of time to get the tank up and running..it's always going to be a work in progress I'm sure :)

I was searching the forum today and trying to find a post that explains the difference between Chemi-pure Eliete and Purigen..I thought they were the same idea - concept but then I think mabye not.

Thanks :) what's the difference between the 2 and what does each do? Do they remove good trace elements?

Go to mediabaskets.com. Good description there. :) W-

Thanks for the update :)

Quick question, I ended up purchasing the smaller Chemi-Pure Eliete Amd I was wondering if that would still work in the basket?

Do I need to tie it to the shelf?

I thought the larger size bags were too big gallon wise for the bio cube 29 but I guess I was wrong.

If I don't run the Tunez Skimmer right away what goes in that chamber...nothing? Can you have an empty chamber?

It will be fine. It may still block some holes as it sinks so tying it is always a good idea. You can try without and if you notice spill over then tie it. You can run the rest of the chamber empty, doesn't matter.

Archived