inTank Media Baskets

Thads Skimz Ibox Nano Project

thadscottmoore

thadscottmoore
I really like this setup.

Anything new w/the fuge?

Got any plans for it?

currently, the sump has live rock rumble. but, I do plan on using a very small ball of chaeto or a few mangrove plants in addition to the live rock rumble in the sump. main purpose for the sump is a refugium type of system and of course a place to house the other components of the system that wouldnt fit in the tank rear compartment- namely the chiller... of course a little extra volume is a plus!

near future plans are to build a stand for this system and placing the sump inside the stand. Also, hide the Reef Keeper Components, ATO, AWC, and various other equipment. Of course lowering the sump will require a larger pump to compensate for the head pressure difference.

• 2 weeks later...
thadscottmoore

sorry for the delay. I have been overly busy with work. I did add some pods couple weeks ago. tank is stable. and rolling right along with the auto water change setup. I will post pictures later today.

Auto water change setup is changing 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. Utilized my RKE to do the thinking and 2 toms aqua lifters to be the work... two containers- have to dump old water and mix new water every 5 days.... when you are as busy as me- automation is the bomb-diggity!

note- and after finding my fish carpet surfing- going to have to figure out a lid setup... thinking about having some glass cut and beveled edges- have a large hole cut in the middle- maybe have like a 1 1/2" lip around the top. I dont want to jeopardize light getting into this little bitty tank...

Really like the setup. Sweet sump/fuge idea. Will you show some more pics of it etc?

picture of inside of my work box of the sump. pump home/ chiller chamber.

121118_0001.jpg

Archived