SaltCritters.com

my 5weeks 10gallons nano

jojo

gabbeyshell

i know you have some corals in ur tank. not quite sure if you know this or not but camels are not reef safe. throw in a pepp shrimp which virtually look the same except for the hump.

sdbeazley

I hope you know that you need a reflector for your lights and that you should never buy an unknown fish because you don`t know what it should eat, max size, and aggressiveness. But over all good tank.

i know the name of unknown fish in Thai. I just don't know in English. I know it is a peaceful fish. Very nice.

Also i want to ask something. First of all I'm very happy, my anemone and zoos look very happy in my tank. Just a couple of hours, both are awke. I wonder why my anemone look happier and get bigger when the light is off,but the bubble is very slim. Also when the light are on,it get smaller but the bubble get bigger. Another thing is my ocellaris clown still don't play with the BTA. Will it? I hope so

At last, when will the star polyps awake.How many days?

i have those same polyps but i dont think those are called zooanthus. i think they're just button polyps...or sometimes PPE? and im not sure if thats a bta haha i think its a LTA.

he is a BTA when the light is on...then he turn to a LTA when the light is off LOL.. anybody knows why?Also did he look alright?I got him today:happy:

all anenome's tend to do that. i had a sebae anenome once and even tho its known to be a relatively short tenticle anenome. but if ur BTA isnt "bulbing" in the day you might not have enough lighting or it might not be getting enough food. i fed mine about twice a week pieces of raw prawn or scallops. you might want to even check your water param's

i second the "get rid of the camel shrimp and get a peppermint" because the camel shrimp dont do much where as the peppermints are known to eat aiptasia and be reef safe.

ok thanks...so look like my annemone is doing well.It is very bulb when the light is on.I'll try to feed him tomorrow. Also i put my camel in the box, I don't know where to put it. I will try to get a pepermint and a cleaner shrimp soon.

sdbeazley

PPE = Purple Peopl Eaters, a very rare form of zoanthid that are purple and green. What you are probably referring too Victa are yellow polyps or something similar. his are just green star polyps I think.

i was referring to the 2nd picture... im pretty sure thats not gsp....i know what ppe's are and theyre actually the same genus as button polyps just a rare strain.

Yeah thats not GSP and it looks like it could be a palythoa but its "tentacles" do not seem as long as they should be to me. Zoos and other things are really hard to identify and put into classes anyways..........

cthedaytrader

hi nice job so far,

You should take a turkey baster and blow the junk off the gsp, that should help them a bit

good luck

Archived