Coral Vue Hydros

Interested in JBJ Nano 24g Media Basket

DC5

Stevie, I am sure this is posted somewhere on the forum, but if it is, I can't find it.

Prior to ordering a 24g Nano media basket (which will assist me in keeping a cleaner tank), should I measure chamber one to make sure it will fit? A worker at one of my LFS mentioned that they sometimes see variances on AIO tanks and their construction, while leaving out any specific brand, so I want to prepare for anything unknown.

Also, I am currently running a heater in C1, macro algae in C2 and obviously the return pump in C3. I assume I need to move the heater to C3, etc, but what are "common" configurations you have seen in the back 3?

Sup

• 14.9" Tall
  • 4.4" Wide
  • 2.6" Deep

Your LFS is correct and the manufacture is JBJ, they are the WORST. But for some reason the NC24 is not a culprit. The 12 and more over 28 are but the NC24 has never caused us issues. Which is good for you.

Measure chamber one. Chamber 3 can hold the heater

Sup

• 14.9" Tall
  • 4.4" Wide
  • 2.6" Deep

Your LFS is correct and the manufacture is JBJ, they are the WORST. But for some reason the NC24 is not a culprit. The 12 and more over 28 are but the NC24 has never caused us issues. Which is good for you.

Measure chamber one. Chamber 3 can hold the heater

Glad I asked!

I will measure when I get out of work. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi Stevie, I'm back.

I got around to measuring my tank after work tonight and it looks like your media basket will fit in my tank.

I am from Ironwood, MI originally, and went to school in Stevens Point at UWSP, so I have a pretty high tolerance for people that wear cheese hats. In the very likely event that my media basket order that I am about to place goes sideways, and when there are greasy cheese fingerprints all over it, I promise to make a 45 page thread about how bad your company is, etc.

Wow, it took you 1-1/2 years to measure the tank?

Did you just drink your way through Point?

Or with mainland MI pretty much a 3rd world country did the tape measure shipment get delayed?

Either way I am glad to see you back up an running, apparently with power, roof over your head and the internet. Welcome to America my friend!

Hi Stevie, I'm back.

I got around to measuring my tank after work tonight and it looks like your media basket will fit in my tank.

I am from Ironwood, MI originally, and went to school in Stevens Point at UWSP, so I have a pretty high tolerance for people that wear cheese hats. In the very likely event that my media basket order that I am about to place goes sideways, and when there are greasy cheese fingerprints all over it, I promise to make a 45 page thread about how bad your company is, etc.

I had to learn what the things written on the tape measure thing meant...and don't even get me started about the little lines on it.

Did I drink my way through Point?

Hmmm...I was on the varsity hockey team, and the bars all had cheap Point beer, so I think that is exactly what I did. It was weird though, because there were always other kids around carrying books and walking in and out of all of the campus buildings, but I am not sure what they were doing.

Wow, it took you 1-1/2 years to measure the tank?

Did you just drink your way through Point?

Or with mainland MI pretty much a 3rd world country did the tape measure shipment get delayed?

Either way I am glad to see you back up an running, apparently with power, roof over your head and the internet. Welcome to America my friend!

Sounds like my college experience in MN. I just had lunch at the hilltop on Sunday on our way back down from Snowmobiling, I think I saw your picture of banned customers behind the bar.

You're lucky I saw your order, shipping jeff may have included all that crap on your address lines and who knows where the post office would have delivered to.

I see it added:

STREET ADDRESS LINE 2

I wonder where that is in Grand Rapids?

Autofill must have done that...I blame Chrome and though I had a chance to review it, I still blame Chrome.

I guess you missed my special instructions then?

I am not greedy, and technically, I asked for double the merchandise for my money, and that was written in the special instructions field, so I am pretty sure that means you have to honor it.

You may have to redesign the website after I have exposed this liability to your bottom line.

Besides, "special instructions" can be a liability by themselves too, such as:

"Have the UPS driver leave the package in the upstairs bedroom around 2 PM, but only if the black Chevy truck is gone and if there is a trail of rose petals leading up the stairs".

You are welcome...my fee for all of this business school advice is only $99.06!

I got my order today, and yep, here we go.

First of all, I didn't get my order on the same day I ordered it, as I expected. Michigan isn't that far from Wisconsin, and a good company would just drive the product over themselves, but whatever.

The first thing I noticed was the packaging. The packing tape was ripped from careless packing, probably done with one hand while watching Aaron Rodgers complete passes to his Tight Ends, if you know what I mean.

haNQJpS.jpg

Upon opening, I am relieved to find that none of the contents appear to damaged from the horrible packaging.

VZhHHJk.jpg

Upon opening the media basket box, I was surprised to find one in there. I also noticed a vast amount of packing and protection for the product. This is a clear indication that the media basket is very weak and will probably shatter like a light bulb if touched. Fortunately, I am very, very good at playing Jenga, and my delicate touch did not ruin the product.

vEQ7OZG.jpg

Things were going good until the test fit, and this is where I predicted and assumed this would go wrong. Not only did this basket not fit into my tank, it caused an excessive amount of salt creep around the edges of my tank the second I tried to put it in the tank.

ZgVcQVt.jpg

If it weren't for the free dog hat that I didn't even order, I would be rather upset with Stevie and inTank, but I must give them a 5 star rating out of an unknown scale of stars for their excellent customer service, "packing" ability and over all pleasantness and slight odor of lavender.

Igejrez.jpg

Lucky you.

Last time I ordered from him I got a dead hooker and he didn't even pack any blow..... No recourse, either. inTank doesn't have a live arrive guarantee.

Haha, thankfully nothing in the box was dead.

Everything was in perfect shape, and the basket fits just fine. I haven't added it yet, but I will very soon on my next water change.

You promised a "roofied" up one. That way I could have her chained up before she came to. I chained this one up and she never woke up. Started stinking really bad after 2 days.

1/10, would not order a hooker from again.

You promised a "roofied" up one. That way I could have her chained up before she came to. I chained this one up and she never woke up. Started stinking really bad after 2 days.

1/10, would not order a hooker from again.

even his live ones stink pretty bad

Make sure that you check and double check the gender box when you select your hooker. I was told I was being sent a "Jamie", and well, I wish this one was DOA:

armpit-woman.jpg

The upside is I learned how to play Magic: The Gathering.

Archived