Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

deceased id needed

krillin

Bought some live rock for additional aquascaping. But in my mistake i placed a part aside and forgot all about it. Two days later i found this beside the rock. Unfortunatly it has died ofcourse. Is this a pistol?

mantis1.jpg

mantis2.jpg

I feel sorry for the little guy. He was 1.5 inch in lenght but i wonder how could possibly hide inside a 1 pond rock without being seen (i have looked and cleaned the rocks carfully)

They cram themselves in holes. Poor little fella. Most people see them as pests though because they will easily take out all of your CUC members and your ornamental shrimps/crabs. Sometimes even fish, depending on the mantis you wind up with.

I've kept one as a pet myself in a species only tank. They are very smart and unique little animals. At least he isn't in your reef causing havoc, I suppose. They are sometimes extremely hard to catch.

Well could be in luck (or not) heard some ticking last night. Could be nothing ofcourse, or it could be the mussel (clamb) looking for a better location. Although i hate the idea to remove everything so i'll wait and see if my cuc get missing

I believe the rocks came from bali, but i'm not sure

I know they are seen as pests. Still.. if he was still alive i would build another reef just for him

Thats how i ended up with mine.

Put in a new piece of live rock last year and was horrified when I saw two glowing eyes peering back at me from a hole. :lol:

Never regretted for a second giving him his own tank. :)

Sad to hear this guy didn't make it though, as they make great and unusual pets.

Archived