inTank Media Baskets

Ever have a fish just vanish?

chabooky386

I have a couple of fish in my tank and I swear I just lost a clown into thin air! No trace of commiting suicide or anything. I've searched dry and high and can't find him anywhere under rocks or anything! What gives?

ReefNoobie21

ive lost two clowns in the span of 3 days with no body to be found. i think my cleanup crew along wiht my brittle starfish took care of them quick though. they were sick and i culdnt set up a quarantine in time to get them out

I have had fish in filters before and heard of them in sumps. Other then that if you have a CUC and he died they might have took care of him for you.

revaltion131

I lost four threadfin cardinals and never found a single body. If your clean-up crew is good, fish will die and you'll never see a sign of it. It might stink if that's the case, but at least it's taken care of before your tank can be negatively effected by a decaying fish.

It happens. I had a clown disappear, and I actually did find him in the craziest spot. However, when I kept freshwater I literally lost about 20 different neon tetras on different occasions and then gave up on keeping them.

Just a thought, but do you have a cat?

Archived