Cultivated Reef

Clown Fish Fins

Tomas45

I am a beginner, so this question might seem dumb to some, however the help is greatly appreciated. I have two clown fish in my 38 gallon IM one is clearly dominating the other, they have been in there about five days together. I am worried about the smaller one as he is having trouble swiming due to the fact that the large one has nipped his fins a couple of times. My questions are:

1. Is this Normal?

2. Will his fins grow back?

Thank you for your help in advance

I am a beginner, so this question might seem dumb to some, however the help is greatly appreciated. I have two clown fish in my 38 gallon IM one is clearly dominating the other, they have been in there about five days together. I am worried about the smaller one as he is having trouble swiming due to the fact that the large one has nipped his fins a couple of times. My questions are:

1. Is this Normal?

2. Will his fins grow back?

Thank you for your help in advance

are you trying to get them to bond? did you add them to the tank at the same time? You may need to get a separate container to put the smaller (male) clown into a container close to where the female likes to hang out. She can get used to him without hurting him. Then let him out and see if they get a long. If they don't get along after a few attempts at that, you might have to try with a new clown.

are you trying to get them to bond? did you add them to the tank at the same time? You may need to get a separate container to put the smaller (male) clown into a container close to where the female likes to hang out. She can get used to him without hurting him. Then let him out and see if they get a long. If they don't get along after a few attempts at that, you might have to try with a new clown.

Thanks, I did add them at the same time. I just don't want him to die

Archived