Pod Your Reef

ricordia eating phto-plex?

Metznreef

i just blew some phyto plex on my ricordia and it like turned inside out and stuck it's mouth out. does this mean it was eating it?

you mean it shot out its mesentary fibers? (spell check) that's a bad reaction but temporary. it may also just be a reaction to the phtyo's solution (picture yourself smothered with some kind of food preparation). or even just the mechanical agitation of a direct feeding. try it with tank water in a few days and see its reaction.

i didn't know ricordia ate phyto i thought it was more of a zooplankton or macroplankton eater (carnivore).

no it didn't shoot anything out it just folded it's sides up as if to catch something and opened and stuck it's mouth out a little bit.

it could be acting as either eating or they just got annoyed and shrink down.

my shroom do that often, even when i didn't feed anything or when fish bother them or catch food.. :)

well usually when my hermit falls on it or somthing it will just wrap around the little rock it's on, same thing at night. any other opinions.

Mine pokes up its mouth a bit like that when I feed it. Ricordeas will readily take larger bits of food, like little chunks of shrimp or something. You may want to try that. It's more fun to watch :)

Archived