Innovative Marine Aquariums

Marineland 2og Frameless

girlwhocryswolf

girlwhocryswolf

I've looked at the stand. Unlike many of the other stands from PetSmart this one is made of real wood. When looking closely at the wood I can see the nots in the wood etc. Unlike many of the other fish tank stands from PetSmart being wood with just veneer over them and not being sturdy at all.

girlwhocryswolf

I would definitely upgrade the lighting to make it a reef tank.

I just want to make sure the tank would be strong enough and not come apart with it being frameless. They do give a glass top for the tank.

RayWhisperer

The tank will hold just fine. If it does come apart, it would be due to other issues.

Some examples of other issues would be...

Manufacture defect

Improper stand (a crappy homemade one, or bookshelf as examples.)

severely out of level

improper handling of tank

dogs going ape #### and knocking the tank over

etc, etc.

Did some looking at the tank in store and a few things caught my eye:

1) Typically I see rimless tanks have foam bottoms on the outside where the tank sits on the stand. This one lacks it. I don't know if this affects stability.

2) The seals on the tank at the store I was at were not neatly done. Very messy.

3) The stand seemed sturdy.

If it goes on sale for a pretty decent price, I might consider buying it, PetSmart being such a large corp, i would imagine they have already sold quite a few of these tanks and if there any issues, they would have removed them from the shelf already? (I hope?)

Like you said, the seem's on these tanks is atrocious.

^+1 .... i was surprised to see a rimless tank that large but when i got closer the silicon work was unbelievable. looks like someone put it together with their eyes closed.

Archived