Coral Vue Hydros

New LR question

yman182

Hello,

I have had my tank setup for about a week now and have been monitoring it. This is my first saltwater experience! Today I started noticing some green growth on the live rock. Is this good growth or should I clean this off?

post-76183-1345940009_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Yury

Hello,

I have had my tank setup for about a week now and have been monitoring it. This is my first saltwater experience! Today I started noticing some green growth on the live rock. Is this good growth or should I clean this off?

post-76183-1345940009_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Yury

Hard to tell from the pic but looks like some kind og macro algae (good). Where did you get the rock?

Hi again,

So i took more pictures on the algae...You guys still think it is the good stuff or something I need to worry about and cleanup? I am not sure if my tank is ready for a CUC yet.

post-76183-1346115171_thumb.jpg

-Yury

More pics of different algae

post-76183-1346115263_thumb.jpg

TeflonTomDosh
Hi again,

So i took more pictures on the algae...You guys still think it is the good stuff or something I need to worry about and cleanup? I am not sure if my tank is ready for a CUC yet.

post-76183-1346115171_thumb.jpg

-Yury

More pics of different algae

post-76183-1346115263_thumb.jpg

first looks like hair algae, 2nd looks like Caulerpa. typical clean up crew would handle the hair, I wouldnt worry too much about the caulerpa

Archived