inTank Media Baskets

Best Retrofit Kit Available for BC29?

Yemil

I recently got my biocube not to long ago and I already hate the lighting it comes with because it doesn't make my corals pop AT ALL.

I looked into LED's and have finally given in to purchasing a RetroFit Kit, but I've seen so many that I don't know where to go.

I definitely need Solderless considering I know nothing about lights or electricity to do anything. My original idea was to just purchase a hood already retrofitted but that I'd rather just do my own thing so I know what I'm getting myself into.

I for sure want something dimmable but the RetroFit kit that is solderless and dimmable for $275 says I need to purchase my own dimmer. "Please note you will need a reef controller or potentiometers + 10V AC Adapter to run the dimmable driver" How would that work?

you buy a potentiometer ~$2 and an adapter ~$5 simple as that. I don't understand how you are confused if rapidled tells you exactly what to do. In fact they even have P-meters and 10v adapters on their website.

you buy a potentiometer ~$2 and an adapter ~$5 simple as that. I don't understand how you are confused if rapidled tells you exactly what to do. In fact they even have P-meters and 10v adapters on their website.

RapidLED doesn't explain anything other then putting the system in the hood. Nothing more about the potentiometer or anything about an adapter.....

RapidLED doesn't explain anything other then putting the system in the hood. Nothing more about the potentiometer or anything about an adapter.....

you need to do research before making posts. that is what NR's search function is for. tons of people on here have done the same retrofit that you are doing, and have posted detailed plans, schematics, and other useful information.

you need to do research before making posts. that is what NR's search function is for. tons of people on here have done the same retrofit that you are doing, and have posted detailed plans, schematics, and other useful information.

I did do my research but no one really goes in depth of they're build just the quick obvious stuff. I did do my research but no one answers the questions I have...

I did do my research but no one really goes in depth of they're build just the quick obvious stuff. I did do my research but no one answers the questions I have...

are you joking with me? type in bc29 led retro in the search bar. click the first result. scroll halfway down the page. A FULL SCHEMATIC. You have to be kidding.

are you joking with me? type in bc29 led retro in the search bar. click the first result. scroll halfway down the page. A FULL SCHEMATIC. You have to be kidding.

The first link is of a complete DIY from scratch buying everything separately, nothing to do with the RAPID LED KIT which is the one that I'm talking about, how about you just don't reply if you can't help me. If it bothers you so much then I don't see why you even reply to my thread.

yemil, search "how to wire potentiometer" in the bar. the second link has (non rapidled) a pretty good diagram. You will be using 10v instead of 9v, but it is the same concept. It shows 3 drivers in the diagram, but you can replicate the circuit to your needs. -Q

or even go to rapidled.com and click the nano link, biocube 29 retro- then click the link on that page that

gives the instructions.... they spell it out for you. or click the LED University link and click Dimmable driver info- it talks about potentiometers

If the potentiometers are confusing, just buy their 2 colour dimming kit. I has what you need to dim 2 drivers

Check other vendors too. PetSolutions has LED strips that fit into the hood for about $20.00 each

Archived