SaltCritters.com

New guy and his pico

Russm2002

So I'm a new member but I have been borrowing ideas from everyone here for sometime. This is my tank's journey, hope you like it!

Keep us updated and do post some pictures

And good luck with your tank

So I just discovered that I can't upload photos directly from my I-phone and that is the device i use for almost all of my internet usage. Plus it's where all my photos are, so I will do my best to update at work and the little time I get to spend at home. I bought this Tetra 3g bow front plastic tank originally to house a dwarf frog or two. I then found a sweet deal on a 75g tank from the 80's with customer wood cabnet and hood ready to go and grew it into a pretty sweet fresh water planted tank. I then just started doing research online as I had never kept anything salt water at all!! I stumbled upon this forum and the pico info you guys put up and instantly became an expert!! Ok mabe not but i got the courage to start a pico reef. I found a tiny HOB filter online from japan, came with all japanese instructions, used the stock filters pump as a power head and a flat heater for beta tanks and here we go!!

TeflonTomDosh
So I just discovered that I can't upload photos directly from my I-phone and that is the device i use for almost all of my internet usage. Plus it's where all my photos are, so I will do my best to update at work and the little time I get to spend at home. I bought this Tetra 3g bow front plastic tank originally to house a dwarf frog or two. I then found a sweet deal on a 75g tank from the 80's with customer wood cabnet and hood ready to go and grew it into a pretty sweet fresh water planted tank. I then just started doing research online as I had never kept anything salt water at all!! I stumbled upon this forum and the pico info you guys put up and instantly became an expert!! Ok mabe not but i got the courage to start a pico reef. I found a tiny HOB filter online from japan, came with all japanese instructions, used the stock filters pump as a power head and a flat heater for beta tanks and here we go!!

get a flickr account :D

:welcome:

I wouldn't use those "temp set" heaters unless you were running some sort of out of tank thermostat. Too risky and they will always heat to about 1-3 degrees warmer than ambient temperature. Get one with a temp dial and invest in a thermometer that actually goes in the water.

Archived