inTank Media Baskets

Where do you get most of your Zoas from?

I<3SPS

Nowadays there are sooooo many beautiful Zoas available and I was curious where you guys/gals commonly get yours from whether it be from other Reefers, LFS, or online? I've been looking at a zoanthids.com and have been drooling ever since....but the prices are kinda steep for some of them. If you have used that site before, what do you think of their service. Any other sites/people you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance

(And I hope I didn't break any forum rules mentioning the site name...sorry in advance if I did :scarry: )

I always go to my LFS's. I have 2 close by me. I've done the online buying and have never really been overly satisfied. HOWEVER, I had a great experience buying from iprayforwaves. :) W-

If I buy online I normally buy from fellow NR members (or RC members). The trick is finding the people who really care about the hobby and their own frags/corals and finding the people who are literally trying to make a living off of chopping up big, beautiful colonies. The former will be reasonable and work with you. Always check their buyer feedback and reviews. =)

If I buy online I normally buy from fellow NR members (or RC members). The trick is finding the people who really care about the hobby and their own frags/corals and finding the people who are literally trying to make a living off of chopping up big, beautiful colonies. The former will be reasonable and work with you. Always check their buyer feedback and reviews. =)

Thanks fretfreak.

Not sure if you need a certain amount of posts or days signed up here on NR to get into the selling forums. I know you do on RC, but I haven't checked here yet because I'm personally not ready to buy anything and don't want to tease myself haha. Lots of times you'll find people who are tearing down their tanks and just want their stuff gone, so you'll get super good prices on livestock and equipment.

And of course =)

buddythelion
www.aquasd.com
You have to pay a arm and a leg for anything that they have, but they do have beautiful corals.

I've bought from them once. They zoas were WYSIWYG on ebay. Shipping is ridiculously expensive ($50 flat, even though I'm still in the same state as them while other CA people offer $25-$35 shipping), the photos on the site are way too saturated and there's too much blue lighting going on. I thought it would be fine since others have been happy with them and won a few frags from them. They sent me a half dead wittled polyp that was nothing like the one I bidded on, and the others looked nothing like the picture. They won't have my business again for some time, unless I find a reasonable deal from them and get some more white pictures.

I've already PMed you with my by far favorite place to get z+p's from. I have yet to deal with zoanthids.com but that's because there aren't many morphs on their site that are affordable that interest me. However, I have talked to them via email and he is a very polite person. He explained that his prices only reflected how much he initially had to pay for them, so it seems to me that he is a hobbyist, which is a huge plus in my book!

Gl with your hunt, and I hope to see more opinions on sites on this thread!

I've bought from them once. They zoas were WYSIWYG on ebay. Shipping is ridiculously expensive ($50 flat, even though I'm still in the same state as them while other CA people offer $25-$35 shipping), the photos on the site are way too saturated and there's too much blue lighting going on. I thought it would be fine since others have been happy with them and won a few frags from them. They sent me a half dead wittled polyp that was nothing like the one I bidded on, and the others looked nothing like the picture. They won't have my business again for some time, unless I find a reasonable deal from them and get some more white pictures.

I've already PMed you with my by far favorite place to get z+p's from. I have yet to deal with zoanthids.com but that's because there aren't many morphs on their site that are affordable that interest me. However, I have talked to them via email and he is a very polite person. He explained that his prices only reflected how much he initially had to pay for them, so it seems to me that he is a hobbyist, which is a huge plus in my book!

Gl with your hunt, and I hope to see more opinions on sites on this thread!

Got your PM and once again thanks for all the info! It really helps!

luckily there's a good bit of local people who are into zoas so I've purchased mine from other reefers. I've only purchased a couple from LFS

Buddy is the z&p maestro. I have a feeling I know where he told you to go. Only other choice is to luck out with on a forum with a reputable member selling packs :)

Can I be PMed as well with the info for the magical zoa place, pretty please? =D

PM sent

Buddy is the z&p maestro. I have a feeling I know where he told you to go. Only other choice is to luck out with on a forum with a reputable member selling packs :)

+1

Thanks for the reply!

Where you from in GA SPS? I'm living down in Columbus ATM.

I'm up in Athens. I just recently moved here from Cleveland, OH. Lovin the south so far!

I get a lot of mine from other reefers you get good prices and get to watch them grow if I see really nice ones at a decent price I will buy from a store

Archived