inTank Media Baskets

Open Brain Coral = No Feeding Response. Was healthy since I got my tank!

GrandLotus

So my Open Brain coral has been not giving a feeding response for a few days now and I figured I would take him out of my tank to try and revitalize him. I tryed giving him brine/mysis shrimps but he has not given a feeding response and I am starting to worry. Just a few days ago he was eating and looking healthy. This issue has been going on for about three days now.

FishTankCorals004.jpg

FishTankCorals003.jpg

FishTankCorals002.jpg

FishTankCorals001.jpg

So my Open Brain coral has been not giving a feeding response for a few days now and I figured I would take him out of my tank to try and revitalize him. I tryed giving him brine/mysis shrimps but he has not given a feeding response and I am starting to worry. Just a few days ago he was eating and looking healthy. This issue has been going on for about three days now.

FishTankCorals004.jpg

FishTankCorals003.jpg

FishTankCorals002.jpg

FishTankCorals001.jpg

Suggestion :

Put the coral back in the tank, as right now its tissue is leaning against the side of that box you have it in.

Try feeding a small piece of shrimp from the supermarket, or a chunk of prawn maybe and see whether that works for you

I have the exact same specimen of Brain. After a large meal, it will often retract in size and will not show a feeding response for a couple of days. Like clockwork it will recover and show its tentacles again. What do you typically feed the brain?

How often are you trying to feed your brain coral actually as that may be the issue?

Once to twice a week should be plenty IMO

How often are you trying to feed your brain coral actually as that may be the issue?

Once to twice a week should be plenty IMO

Twice a week.

I feed Mysis/Brine.

The coral is back in the tank on the bottom.

Twice a week.

I feed Mysis/Brine.

The coral is back in the tank on the bottom.

Thanks for the update. On the food used, you may want to try some larger size type food and see whether that works better ... FWIW

Archived