Innovative Marine Aquariums

anemone substitute

xcajx

i am hoping to get my false percs to host in something... can someone suggest the "tamest" of corals that would possibly suffice? ie the less aggressive the better.

I do like the lt plate corals but worry my 56 watts in my nanocube won't be enough.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reefer_Buddha

clown will host a lot of different corals. Elegance, xenia, gsp, toadstool, frogspawn, hammer, torch.

Interested in this too. I've had frogspawn and GSP's in my tank, but my clown has shown no interest in them at all. He seems to host with the top of the water. I think I might try a torch next, or maybe a non-branching hammer.

spunkyfunk

ive personally never seen a clown sucessfully host in a xenia and the xenia would soon die because anytime anything touches it it will close up and deteriorate from not being open.

Reefer_Buddha
Originally posted by spunkyfunk

ive personally never seen a clown sucessfully host in a xenia and the xenia would soon die because anytime anything touches it it will close up and deteriorate from not being open.

mine hosted xenia for about 3 months. unfortunately my xenia died due to a SG drop from my top off and my laziness. But yes a clown will host it.

i had a perc that hosted in a colony of hairy mushrooms(all were about 3-4inches in circumference)...but before i bought the hairy mushrooms it hosted to a powerhead and to a frogspawn.

Archived