SaltCritters.com

260W of PC over 20L? SPS/Clams?

Seanano

Well i've started yet another tank... this time a 20Long, was wondering if 260 watts of PC would be sufficient enough to keep any sps or clams? as much as i hate to say it, thats 13 watts per gallon.

Undertheradar

Why not jsut go halide then...that many bulbs to replace...that much up front cost...that much wattage used...

Halide would cost you significantly less over the long run and even less up front considering the cost of pc fixtures that big...

believe it or not, i am only payin 128$ for all of that. brand new everything. i do have a 70Watt MH over my 7mb which if that tank ever crashes i will transfer it over to the 20, but honestly i love PC lighting... replacing 4 pc bulbs at 20$ a pop or so is still around the same price as replacing one metal halide bulb

but you have to replace the PC bulbs twice a year as opposed to once a year for MH. MH 1x75=75. PC 8x20=160. and thats just the first year.

last i checked pc bulbs last 12-14months. all i want is my question answered.... lol i am aware of how great mh is, i use it on my 7mb anemone tank. i just prefer the coloring of PC

just dave

Yes,to answer your question.

I've seen SPS kept (and growing) under SO Tritons and in a 5gal under 9watt Osrams.

MakoMan36
Originally posted by pyrrhus

but you have to replace the PC bulbs twice a year as opposed to once a year for MH. MH 1x75=75. PC 8x20=160. and thats just the first year.

So you mean 1 70w MH has the same intensity as 4 65w PC? Seanano.. have you tried 1 70wMH and 2 65w PC actinic together? thats how i set up .

Archived