ReefCleaners.org

bubble tip got stuck in powerhead

ironlungz

So, I bought a green bubble tip yesterday because my perc was hosting the return pump on my jbj and I thought it would be better to have it host an anemone instead. Of course my perc didnt go near it and my porcleian crab and my anemone shrimp were sharing the anemone.

the gbt was doing well the whole day and then i saw this morning that my water was ridiculously cloudy. My anemone had gotten stuck in the powerhead. so i took it out and cleaned the powerhead.

Im thinking i should do a big WC to get all that cloudy stuff out. I want to keep an anemone in my tank but not if its going to commit suicide. Is there a method you guys use to keep the anemone from getting hacked by the powerhead? maybe a mesh around the puwerhead? Maybe plant the anemone on a rock so it dont move?

And what are some natural anemones that perc clownfish have a high rate of hosting. Because i understand that there are specific anemones for specific clownfish. Maybe the tentacle ones are more suitible for the percs?

So, I bought a green bubble tip yesterday because my perc was hosting the return pump on my jbj and I thought it would be better to have it host an anemone instead. Of course my perc didnt go near it and my porcleian crab and my anemone shrimp were sharing the anemone.

the gbt was doing well the whole day and then i saw this morning that my water was ridiculously cloudy. My anemone had gotten stuck in the powerhead. so i took it out and cleaned the powerhead.

Im thinking i should do a big WC to get all that cloudy stuff out. I want to keep an anemone in my tank but not if its going to commit suicide. Is there a method you guys use to keep the anemone from getting hacked by the powerhead? maybe a mesh around the puwerhead? Maybe plant the anemone on a rock so it dont move?

And what are some natural anemones that perc clownfish have a high rate of hosting. Because i understand that there are specific anemones for specific clownfish. Maybe the tentacle ones are more suitible for the percs?

Look at

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...180&st=2800

for some info on those and other types of anemones, towards the bottom of the page, Post 2816

Archived