Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rimless Cubes / shallow square tank

ajayjack

Hello all,

I've been searching for weeks for the "right" tank to purchase. I'm looking to upgrade my standard 29 reef tank to a cube or shallow/square reef ready tank that is 60-100 gallons. I'm looking for a tank / stand combo but the combo is not completely necessary (I can always have a stand made). Ideally, the tank would have low-iron glass for the front pane at the least. Oh, and I want rimless!

I'm trying to find an online vendor that also ships.

Anyone have any suggestions? I like MedReds 60 Solana but it seems you can't purchase that anymore.

I see people getting custom orders from Deep Blue Aquariums http://www.deepblueprofessional.com Their site doesn't have that much info, but if you send them a quick email i'm sure they could answer your questions. I would recommend picO Aquariums, but I don't think Chris will make tanks that large at this time, plus they are closed for the summer.

I see people getting custom orders from Deep Blue Aquariums http://www.deepblueprofessional.com Their site doesn't have that much info, but if you send them a quick email i'm sure they could answer your questions. I would recommend picO Aquariums, but I don't think Chris will make tanks that large at this time, plus they are closed for the summer.

Thanks! I'll check out deepblue. I think I may have actually checked them out in the past but didn't think they would deliver to my house and that I would have to order from a LFS and unfortunately, none in my area carry this brand.

Yeah, I been checking picO Aquariums. I bet you're right about not making tanks that large. Wish they would open though cause hell, I might just want to get a little nano from him based on all the good things I've heard about his tanks.

Thanks! I'll check out deepblue. I think I may have actually checked them out in the past but didn't think they would deliver to my house and that I would have to order from a LFS and unfortunately, none in my area carry this brand.

Yeah, I been checking picO Aquariums. I bet you're right about not making tanks that large. Wish they would open though cause hell, I might just want to get a little nano from him based on all the good things I've heard about his tanks.

The Deep Blue Edge 60 looks perfect! But will they ship to your door or is it only orders through a LFS?

The Deep Blue Edge 60 looks perfect! But will they ship to your door or is it only orders through a LFS?

I just got a Deep Blue 60.

Love it! Came with plumbing kit too.

I built my own stand, so i cant say anything about theirs.

I had to order through my LFS, but they cut me a killer deal.

I believe the distributor they used was Royal.

I just got a Deep Blue 60.

Love it! Came with plumbing kit too.

I built my own stand, so i cant say anything about theirs.

I had to order through my LFS, but they cut me a killer deal.

I believe the distributor they used was Royal.

I contacted Deep Blue and they replied with this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Deep Blue Professional.

Deep Blue is only sold through independent pet supply retailers in the Eastern US. We do not sell or quote prices directly to the public.

Unfortunately, we do not have distribution as far west as your location, sorry.

Thanks again,

DBP Customer Service

Deep Blue Professional

However, I found this:

Amazon.com Deep Blue Edge 60

It arrives next week - $3.99 shipping. Maybe I paid more than you east coasters, but it's an awesome tank from all that I've read and heard from you all!

I also found the stand to go with it sold by the same seller but on sears.com here

This tank will replace my 29 gallon standard. Can't wait to get it going and get a tank profile/thread going! I never did one for my 29 :-(

Look at the Glass Cages website. They sell any size tank and stand you want in regular plate glass or starfire glass, also acrylic. I've been looking at the 24" cube which is 60g, or the 36 x 24 x 17, which is 65g. You can get any tank rimless. They also sell the stands, which come unfinished so you can paint or stain them any color you want. They will ship directly to you. They also customize, so you can have the tank drilled any way you want. Great site.

Bad news. The amazon seller was out of stock. The search continues.

Look at the Glass Cages website. They sell any size tank and stand you want in regular plate glass or starfire glass, also acrylic. I've been looking at the 24" cube which is 60g, or the 36 x 24 x 17, which is 65g. You can get any tank rimless. They also sell the stands, which come unfinished so you can paint or stain them any color you want. They will ship directly to you. They also customize, so you can have the tank drilled any way you want. Great site.

I heard there are sometimes quality issues with their tanks. And their shipping cost is through the roof.

Archived