Coral Vue Hydros

please show me your light selection on your 18x18 cube

reefsahoy

i have a 18x18 cube. there aren't too many t5 selections for that size but i do know there are 18 inch t5s. i currently have a AI nano and would like to add 2x18 t5's OR compact lighting as supplements to get sps to grow uniformly. the led is great for some, not all sps, and some, not all lps and i think a t5/led combo would work great. i have a MH fixture on hand but really want to stay away from the heat/electric cost. please show me what you guys have done over your cubes with a fixture that is 18" wide or less.

Nobody has a 18 x 18, or nobody did any kinda mod to their pendant or light fixture? Or is it that everyone just ignoring me? Lol:mellow:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there aren't any 18" t-5 fixtures. The bulbs are 18" so once you add length for end caps and the actual fixture you're looking at 20" fixtures. If you're looking for lighting ideas, check out Solanas. They're 20" cubes. There's a solana owners thread in the " all in one" forum. Lots of lighting ideas in there. HTH

there is at least 1 - t5 fixture that is 18 inches long that i know of. it houses a pair of 20 watt 16.5 inch t5HO bulbs by either aquatic life, current, and i know at least one other manufacturer but i can't remember the name as of now. i was just wondering if anyone did a diy fixture that included these bulbs along with some type of LED for shimmer. i would like to see some ideas because i have a 18" cube tank and am considering doing a diy myself.

Archived