Pod Your Reef

DSB 30G Rimless 36''x14''x14''

Zia

Hello All!

I've decided to stop lurking and throw up my newest little build.

Ive had many reef tanks in the past, but with a recent move. I've been tankless for the past couple years.

So it was exciting to get back in the game!

Custom 30G glass tank: Mixed reef. Mostly LPS and Z&Ps (My Favorite)

36x14x14 w/ center overflow

60 lbs of live rock

50lbs sand for a 2'' dsb

2 Kor. Hydor Pumps

20L sump w/ fuge

Bubble Magnus Mini Skimmer

7'' Filter Sock

Quiet One 5k Return Pump

Livestock:

2 Donis Picasso Clowns

1 Blk Clown Goby

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Coral Band Shrimp

1 Pom Pom Crab

1 Sand star

Lots of CUC

I wanted to keep the setup as simple as possible but im getting seduced by the cool gadgets that now available that weren't a few years ago..

So i see many new upgrades in the tanks near future :)

Tanks was setup 2/12 months ago.

P1170803.jpg

I'll start with the build pics...

P1160858.jpg

P1160851.jpg

Stand looks nice, wish i had some wood working skills lol

Are you going to stain or paint ?

Thanks! But i can not tell a lie, i had some help on the stand. The plan was to build it with a squared modern look, aka simple to build,lol.

I went with a darker walnut stain. A couple of coats did the trick.

P1160847.jpg

The sumpis a modified 20L

P1160855.jpg

I cannot WAIT to see this build finished :D

Thanks

Went with a deeper sand bed. About 50lbs of sand.

P1160197.jpg

Also had YankeePete a member from here make the overflow cover. He did a AWESOME job on it! It fit like a glove.

Nice job on the build !!! Yeah Yankee Pete does some awesome work / he made me a overflow cover to on my custom LeeMar tank - just have not had any time to set up my tank - yet!!!! :angry:

Nice job on the build !!! Yeah Yankee Pete does some awesome work / he made me a overflow cover to on my custom LeeMar tank - just have not had any time to set up my tank - yet!!!! :angry:

U big baller ''custom LeeMar tank'' i bet that's going to be a awesome build. Whats the dimensions on it?

I could use some other custom pieces from Yankee Pete, but he's temporally MIA it seems?

I had him make me a AIO 20L kit, i was going to set up a smaller tank initially. I ended up turning that that tank into the sump for this build.

I have the kit available if anyone needs one.

Yeah - kinda sux's that Yankee Pete is MIA right now !!! Had a couple ideas to bounce off him for this next build. The dimension are 28Lx18Wx12H totaling a whole 26.2 gallons - I got a great deal from a local in AZ but I had a friend build a custom glass external overflow with 3 holes - kinda like a bean animinal overflow .

Yeah - kinda sux's that Yankee Pete is MIA right now !!! Had a couple ideas to bounce off him for this next build. The dimension are 28Lx18Wx12H totaling a whole 26.2 gallons - I got a great deal from a local in AZ but I had a friend build a custom glass external overflow with 3 holes - kinda like a bean animinal overflow .

Those are great dims. I wish i would of went with 18'' on the depth of my tank. That little extra real estate sure would come in handy now.

Having that overflow external will give you lots of extra space inside to work with, good call there.

P1170672.jpg

P1160850-1.jpg

P1160854-1.jpg

I love the Light! I love the idea of LEDs but T5s have always been good to me. There like my comfort blanket of lights. They have always yielded great growth and color in my corals previously.

I worked out a trade with a member on here and got a killer ATI fixture. The bulbs were almost new and the color combination of the bulbs seem to working out really well. A little bluer than im used to but it makes the corals really pop. Im getting used to it for sure.

36'' 6 x 39w ATI

P1170669.jpg

P1170664.jpg

P1170660.jpg

+ 1 on the ATI fixture !!!! Love T-5's. That what I prefer over anything else and you can change the spectrum to how you like. Plus - my SPS had great growth with this ATI T-5 Combo - Front to back - Blue+, Aquablue Special, Blue+, Purple +, Aquablue Special, Blue+.

+ 1 on the ATI fixture !!!! Love T-5's. That what I prefer over anything else and you can change the spectrum to how you like. Plus - my SPS had great growth with this ATI T-5 Combo - Front to back - Blue+, Aquablue Special, Blue+, Purple +, Aquablue Special, Blue+.

Yea my montis and my Z&Ps are growing like bannanas under these lights. The Acans and chalices really look nutz under these.

I like your bulb combo. I would just be scared with out atleast one white bulb, it would really be to blue in color?

i hope you didnt pay too much for that tank...yeeesh, look at the edges of the glass. its not even ground or polished

Was 2k for just the tank to much?

MY TANKS NOT WORTHY!!!!

waynes-world-pic-1.jpg

JK, it was a steal of a deal. I knew i would be doing a forced upgrade soon because of my love for purchasing H.O.T. corals. So this tank would eventually be the frag tank. But for now its the star of the show :)

More corals:

P1170109.jpg

P1170105.jpg

Archived