Cultivated Reef

Snail ID

MysticReef

What is this snail? I went to my LFS and got a single blue legged hermit crab since both mine have died and I saw this guy in with the hermits. I wasn't sure if it was a black cerith snail (and neither was the guy) but he gave me the snail for free. All black besides a brown band around the top of the shell. Also, as soon as I got it in my tank it started to burrow in the sand just like my nassarius snails do.

2prsl0l.jpg

doppelganger

cerith's do burrow. Almost all of mine do. Maybe it's breed of cerith type thing or an environmental factor. I dunno. But yeah mine do so don't be alarmed. It's kind of annoying tho cuz they move my frags around once in a while haha.

cerith's do burrow. Almost all of mine do. Maybe it's breed of cerith type thing or an environmental factor. I dunno. But yeah mine do so don't be alarmed. It's kind of annoying tho cuz they move my frags around once in a while haha.

Okay, thank you. Mainly, I just wanted to make sure he was reef safe, but now I guess I will never see him. lol. I just thought it was strange cause I have like a 1" flordia cerith in my tank and he never burrows.

doppelganger

Mine come out at night tho. Or rather later in the day so u might see him pop out of the sand every now and then.

Archived