Cultivated Reef

Odyssea compact florescent?

apayne1233

I was looking into new bulbs for my Nano Cube 24g and came over the Odyssea bulbs. They seem really cheap. Do they grow coral?

Thanks!

all odyssea lighting is just ok. I have had very slow growth under 72watt t5 lighting from them

So worth it or not?

No. You get what you pay for in this hobby. I don't understand why people that are new to get involved in it if you are just going to nicklel and dime the stuff you put on or in a tank. :slap:

Because its easy to be cheap when you don't know better. They will keep mushrooms alive but you will want better lights.

You can pick up a cheap LED for about 200 bucks, why not spend the money on lighting and give yourself a fair chance. Look at the replacement cost for decent PC bulbs which you will need within a few months as the odyssey bulbs don't last long at all. I have owned several of their fixtures and they all sit under the bench in my shop awaiting DIY LED customization, one day.

There was a new multi color LED fixture for 200 bucks shown off on reef builders that I was considering, it was a few days ago. Definately want to get different colored LEDs

Archived