ReefCleaners.org

Fish

lifen

altolamprologus

You think liveaquaria is right? They've had two freshwater killifish misidentified for at least a year and no one has caught the mistake. The genus synchiropus (of which scooters are a part of) is part of the family callionymidae (the dragonettes), whereas the family blennidae refers to the blennies.

Who's the brat now? :P

TeflonTomDosh
You think liveaquaria is right? They've had two freshwater killifish misidentified for at least a year and no one has caught the mistake. The genus synchiropus (of which scooters are a part of) is part of the family callionymidae (the dragonettes), whereas the family blennidae refers to the blennies.

Who's the brat now? :P

I graduated from brat back in 92! I know it's not a blenny by scientific classification, but more recognized by the name of scooter blenny, vs dragonette. That's all :)

Bongo Shrimp
I graduated from brat back in 92! I know it's not a blenny by scientific classification, but more recognized by the name of scooter blenny, vs dragonette. That's all :)

What are you talking about? The two terms are used pretty much equally as much throughout the hobby. The less informed call it a blenny and those in the know call it a dragonette.

TeflonTomDosh
What are you talking about? The two terms are used pretty much equally as much throughout the hobby. The less informed call it a blenny and those in the know call it a dragonette.

I guess the people running live aquaria are the "less informed' of the bunch.

Bongo Shrimp
I guess the people running live aquaria are the "less informed' of the bunch.

They name to sell. As alto said they tend to have some mistakes here and there.

Archived