Cultivated Reef

Cadlights 39g build

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Well my tank has finally starting to come together so I've decided to take some pictures. The tank looks like crap right now because of all the hair algae but I'm working on it. Official tank start date is 7/24. Here is how it's progressed so far. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Taken with a Canon SD600 (over 6 years old) as I don't have my dSLR alnymore.

7/27

Was taken when I had the 4x24 T5's on there

0Loyy.jpg

q6UUA.jpg

8/12

Changedto a 250w 14k Phoenix DE. For circulation, there is a MP10 ES and a hydor 1400 (over kill?) running on a on/off of 2/5 controlled by an AC JR.

PJWTs.jpg

8C6Qn.jpg

The sump consist of the default cadlights sump. In there is a 4 inch filter sock, BM NAC3+ (not that impressed with this skimmer), light from HD, BRS reactor w/ maxi 1200 running GFO and GAC, and a mag 9.5 return

eN4h6.jpg

Today, I built this bad *** net and got it to curve pretty well with the tank

NlUxh.jpg

Hopefully I'll get this hair algae under control so I can buy more corals. That's gonna be it for now though, I've spent all my graduation money plus more on this tiny tank. Do miss the 180 though. Cheers all!

More pictures

FUWIk.jpg

Yp3pz.jpg

YSe2C.jpg

XlUQ3.jpg

fzaGs.jpg

MYja1.jpg

uWtoH.jpg

pEq9y.jpg

8wxPj.jpg

s1nwt.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the scape. But get ahold of John at Reefcleaners.org asap! You need some hair algae help!!!

I like the scape. But get ahold of John at Reefcleaners.org asap! You need some hair algae help!!!

^ +1!!! This is gonna be a cool tank!

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

I bought those snails you see from John at Reefcleaners.org... What do you suggest for hair algae? I don't like crabs because they usually end up eating all your snails.

I bought those snails you see from John at Reefcleaners.org... What do you suggest for hair algae? I don't like crabs because they usually end up eating all your snails.

Just because you are a dbag to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be a dbag to you.

Get some emerald crabs. 2 should be good. They will DESTROY hair algae. And they tend to be pretty friendly to other inverts and don't really mess with them.

TeflonTomDosh
Just because you are a dbag to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be a dbag to you.

Get some emerald crabs. 2 should be good. They will DESTROY hair algae. And they tend to be pretty friendly to other inverts and don't really mess with them.

Go with turbos, they'll murder most algae you can have in your tank and won't try and eat your fish/corals when done. Anyone who's not a noob knows that. Right Eddie? Lolol

• 4 weeks later...
XxViEtXjUStiNxX
Looks good man. Good job getting rid of the hair algae. How did you curve the. Aluminum frame?

Thanks. A little GFO goes a long way. I curved the aluminum frame by drawing the curvature of the tank out on a piece of wood and then nailing nails along it. I then had my dad hold old end of the frame while I bent the other. It was a 30 minute process but I got it to curve the tank (almost) perfectly and I'm happy with the results.

• 3 weeks later...
XxViEtXjUStiNxX

New camera update

FTS

GBsCk.jpg

Left

vUcNI.jpg

Right

OFuf0.jpg

Side view

bXLs9.jpg

Miguel's (organisms) polyps + Sunny D

E6t7L.jpg

Purple Valida?

KUBDx.jpg

Brent's (Chefzilla) tri color

LNSY6.jpg

Group shot of SPS

ZyuQw.jpg

Acans and radioactive dragon eyes

IlPUp.jpg

Purple Gorgonian

3HTUF.jpg

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Not much has changed in my tank. I'm still fighting minor algae problems due to my neglect (missed my weekly water change). I bought an old FD Canon macro lens for $30. Pictures are not that great because I don't have a tripod yet but have a cheap one ordered and it will be coming soon. Enjoy!

aCJxc.jpg

aoRi9.jpg

PpxXZ.jpg

2nJg5.jpg

WfOX5.jpg

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

Tripod is here. It makes macro photography so much easier. Here are some pictures. Constructive criticism accepted, please! I'm trying to take better pictures.

fKNgy.jpg

M6ExK.jpg

po9Kk.jpg

PN8f3.jpg

I3djT.jpg

I love your scape, it's freaking awesome! But I feel like if you upgrade to a different light and get a deeper color spectrum you will be able to bring out more color out of your corals :D

Archived