Coral Vue Hydros

Firefish

MN Aquatics

Hello, I have asked a lot of questions on these forums and am very thankful for all the input from everyone. I have searched the forums for the answer to this question and have had trouble finding it. Would a firefish do well in my 5 gallon reef tank? I'm not sure if it would get too big or be too uncomfortable in the tank. Thank you again.

Firefish dont really swim around THAT much.,., But I think 5g is still a little small for one..., They do ok in smaller tanks but are very fast swimmer and easily spooked when theyre cramped up., If it doesnt like the tank itll jump out and die., Id look into a smaller goby for a 5g if I were you

Yeah, do you think a yellow watchman would be too big for that tank? I just am looking into fish other than clown gobies just because it seems many people have them and I want to try something different maybe.

Firefish dont really swim around THAT much.,., But I think 5g is still a little small for one..., They do ok in smaller tanks but are very fast swimmer and easily spooked when theyre cramped up., If it doesnt like the tank itll jump out and die., Id look into a smaller goby for a 5g if I were you

I would think 1 firefish in a 5 gallon tank would be fine, but then again, I have never had one so I can't say for sure. Be careful though; I have heard they are jumpers.

I was actually just looking at those and I might just get one of those

Neon gobies would be fine too in 5 gallon. They stay small
Hello, I have asked a lot of questions on these forums and am very thankful for all the input from everyone. I have searched the forums for the answer to this question and have had trouble finding it. Would a firefish do well in my 5 gallon reef tank? I'm not sure if it would get too big or be too uncomfortable in the tank. Thank you again.

I honestly think that 5 gallons is too small and since they are jumpers and if they don't feel comfortable he will find a way to jump out of the tank, even if it is covered

I have been told by a friend that one that was in a 10 gallon manage to get out of the tank through the small hole that was cut in the screen cover for the electrical wires to come through

How the fish found a way to do so is a mystery, but my friend found the fish out of the tank and dead one morning.

I think you would be best off with looking for fish that stay real small.

A yellow rose goby may be an option

FWIW

My firefish is a shy little bastard, as soon as I get off the couch he jets into his hole. It's only been a week so I'm hoping he grows some balls but I know now why they call them dart fish.

Archived