inTank Media Baskets

For all you AI Sol users!

Jneighbors

I have decided to ditch my old light which was a Kessil a350 which I loved just wanted to upgrade. I am about to purchase a AI Sol Blue and have a few questions about how to mount the light. My tank (Solana 34g) is catacornered up against my bedroom wall and many of you know a Solana is rimless and I am limited to how I can hang this light without making it look tacky. I have seen many people use L-Brackets but in my case I cannot and I have also seen people hang these lights from the ceiling which I wanna stay away from because with my luck I would get out work and see it at the bottom of my tank :lol: . If worse comes to worse I can move the tank and put it flush with the wall but just give me some advice before I start moving crap around. Thanks.

Check out my build (in my sig). Maybe it will help.

I think this actually just might have took the gold! I really appreciate it buddy :bowdown:

I think this actually just might have took the gold! I really appreciate it buddy :bowdown:

I did the same thing 2 years back. You might be able to get it perfectly level but it always drove me NUTS. I couldn't get it perfect.

I did the same thing 2 years back. You might be able to get it perfectly level but it always drove me NUTS. I couldn't get it perfect.

I will try my best to get it perfect because I am OCD about everything that I do and if it is not perfect it will drive me crazy! :lol:

Glad I could help. If you have any questions just let me know.

You've probably already decided but if you check out the first couple pics in my thread you will see how I hung mine. I did have to drill in the ceiling but the light is nice and centered and I prefer this look over the brackets on the wall.

I used the hanging kit from AI. I just basically found the center of the tank and made two holes equidistant from that point over the tank. If you're more curious about how I did it(more detailed explanation) I can provide you with pics/narration.

What I like/love about kit-looks/ease of install/adjustability(no issue making the fixture level, adjustments are really small increments)

What I did not like about kit-lack of instruction(had to watch 5min YouTube video about install)/had my LFS cut additional bracket to hold the Y portion of the wire, below the main line, where it is split.

Overall I love the look and was cake to install. Hope you find what your looking for.

SouthFlorida_Tron

U can still use the l bracket, hey don't have to be straight with the tank, as long as they reach the holes for the screw ontop Of the module ur fine!

Purchased the AI Sol Blue today from BRS and it should be here by Friday fingerscrossed . I will let all of you know how everything goes and hopefully soon I will start a thread on my tank progress as it matures. Thanks everyone :D

Finally got my AI Sol today after chasing the UPS man around town :owned: . I just hung it from the ceiling and started playing with it and holy cow is this awesome or what! :D

Archived