SaltCritters.com

New IM 38 gal rimless is CROOKED by 3/8th inch

ggg111

Just got a 38 gallon nuvo rimless tank by innovative marine. I did a 24 hour leak test and all was fine except now once it put it inside on its stand I see it is crooked by 3/8ths of an inch on each side. It is like a parallelogram where back to front both side slide to the left by 3/8 of in inch. It is very apparent when you look at the stand and put on the lid.

However, I dont mind how it looks because most people aren't going to be staring at where the tank meets the stand.

My question is, is it safe to use and purely cosmetic?

Thank you!

Just got a 38 gallon nuvo rimless tank by innovative marine. I did a 24 hour leak test and all was fine except now once it put it inside on its stand I see it is crooked by 3/8ths of an inch on each side. It is like a parallelogram where back to front both side slide to the left by 3/8 of in inch. It is very apparent when you look at the stand and put on the lid.

However, I dont mind how it looks because most people aren't going to be staring at where the tank meets the stand.

Thank you!

I would think it would't matter ass long as the filters and stuff aren't sucking air because of it.

Thank you!

Crooked tanks eventually fail..... are you sure its off? Pics?

I don't think that will cause a fail, but some times piece of mind is worth fixing it. Depending on the stand you got to be careful on how you shim it. I would also think about moving the tank some place that is level.

The stand is perfectly level its just the tank side are shift 3/8 of an inch to the side so shims would not make a difference here.

Um, ya its time for a return......... Take it back.

I have the same tank and noticed the the glass slightly tapers from back to front due to the bent glass display in the front. It is equal on both sides(maybe 1/8") and they taper to the middle. You said both sides of the tank are off to the left?

Sounds like you might have to return this one. You need to call their customer service and figure out a solution asp. I had a small leak in my false wall near the top of the tank and dealt with Manny from their customer service department. He was very good and resolved my issue immediately.

These tanks are manufactured in China which is evident when you put this thing together. However, IM is very good at standing behind their product. But its still disapointing when you pay this much for a tank and you have issues like this.

Archived